Thread: LIVEWELL JUICE?

LIVEWELL JUICE?

What works best for you assuming you don't run a oxygenator?

Rejuvenade vs please release me vs G- Juice

2. Member
    I like g-juice

3. Member
    G juice if it really does anything
    Nitro z21

4. Banned
    G-Juice. I've seen it turn a nearly dead bled out fish in to one you can barely hold on to.

5. Member
    Please release me. Haven’t lost a fish since using it sometimes thebass are more active after a day in the livewell than they were when I caught them
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

G
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    I use Please Release Me.

8. Member
    G-juice.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Honestly and no bs I’ve never used anything. And have been lucky enough to never have brought a dead fish to weigh in. I keep my livewell on freshwater and pump kicks on every 2 mins for 1 min of run time.
    2000 520vx Ranger
    250 PRO XS
    SERIAL#2B115788/ 25P Fury 4/ 25P Fury 3 blade

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfarm View Post
    Honestly and no bs I’ve never used anything. And have been lucky enough to never have brought a dead fish to weigh in. I keep my livewell on freshwater and pump kicks on every 2 mins for 1 min of run time.
    I still do that some times if I'm fishing for largemouth. However when I have small mouth bed fishing tournaments in early June or Great lakes small mouth that I pull up from 25 to 45 feet deep I have to use one of the 3 if not for anything else to remove the chlorine from the crap ton of Ice that I use in a day. Most small mouth days I fill live well early to get the coldest water of the day then add chemicals and ice it about every hour. I pump out and replace water again at the mid point of tournament day, doing the same thing over again however using a lot more Ice. I carry about 21lbs of Ice any time I fish great lakes tournaments.

11. Member
    G Juice, the best, I buy the large container to refill the small one

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfarm View Post
    same here just have VT2 vents.

Please release me...but I use this only when I hook a fish deep and it bleeds. 98% of the time I rely on my VT2 vents.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

I've used Catch and Release, Please Release Me and G Juice. They all work, I'm now using G Juice mainly because I got a deal on a gallon jug and it doesn't clump up in the humidity .
    Pat Leach

USAF MSgt Retired

1992 Procraft 180 Pro
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke
    2018 Minn Kota Ulterra
    Helix 7 SI/GPS
    Helix 7 Sonar/GPS

15. Member
    call AQUACENTER 1-800-748-8921 in Leland Mississippi, and get a 5 gallon bucket of AQUA-HAUL ($25). Its the same exact stuff that BASS uses in the tanks/troughs in the weigh in lines, and that hatcheries use when transporting fish.

if you want to go even cheaper you can use good old water softener salt (pellets) - get a 30 lb bag for $5 (it works, just tends to make folks nervous until they try it, and makes the fish super lively) just throw 4-5 pellets into the live well 2-3 times a day when recirculating water.

16. Member
    I had a fish that was on the way out 2 weeks ago in a tournament, for no obvious reason. It was not hooked bad, it did not get beat up that I know of, it was 15 mins to weigh in when I noticed it. I honestly though it was dead already. I put some Rejuvenade in the livewell quick just incase and by the time I weighed it, it had perked up. Swam right away when it was released after weighing.

I have not done it, but I have also heard the some Mountain Dew in the gills of a struggling fish will help as well.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

17. Member
    Rejuvinade will almost bring them back from the dead. Gets them all fired up.
    Please Release Me will calm them down and help them relax. If you have one that is questionable on length, can get them
    relaxed and will usually touch easy.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    I still do that some times if I'm fishing for largemouth. However when I have small mouth bed fishing tournaments in early June or Great lakes small mouth that I pull up from 25 to 45 feet deep I have to use one of the 3 if not for anything else to remove the chlorine from the crap ton of Ice that I use in a day. Most small mouth days I fill live well early to get the coldest water of the day then add chemicals and ice it about every hour. I pump out and replace water again at the mid point of tournament day, doing the same thing over again however using a lot more Ice. I carry about 21lbs of Ice any time I fish great lakes tournaments.
    this is what I do my fish stay alive. Keep there wait and slime coat. And they won’t stop jump on the scales after I pull them out they have so much energy.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemoodie View Post
    I had a fish that was on the way out 2 weeks ago in a tournament, for no obvious reason. It was not hooked bad, it did not get beat up that I know of, it was 15 mins to weigh in when I noticed it. I honestly though it was dead already. I put some Rejuvenade in the livewell quick just incase and by the time I weighed it, it had perked up. Swam right away when it was released after weighing.

I have not done it, but I have also heard the some Mountain Dew in the gills of a struggling fish will help as well.
    Mtn Dew (along with Sprite and other sodas high in citric acid) is mainly used to help slow/stop a bleeding fish.
    And I have used both G Juice and Rejuvenade, can't really tell a difference, but I currently use G because its easier to handle, I always seemed to make a mess with the powder when using Rejevenade.
    2012 Sterling
    2017 250xs Racing