Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar

Lake Wallempaupack

Hey all. I am heading to the Poconos on my honeymoon beginning on Monday May 20 and I'll be there for a week. I don't know anything about this Lake yet. Thinking about taking my 16" jet boat instead of taking my Gambler. Does this lake have restrictions? How's the fishing? Any help on this lake would be appreciated fellas. Thanks!
    RRat
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Congrats on the marriage
    No restrictions except 25 MPH at night. The lake is on fire now. Cranks and jigs get the job done.

If you are bringing your jet then plan a trip to the Susquehanna river.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokie Pa View Post
    Congrats on the marriage
    No restrictions except 25 MPH at night. The lake is on fire now. Cranks and jigs get the job done.
    thanks man. That sounds good! Should I focus north or South? Doesn't matter?

5. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    If you are bringing your jet then plan a trip to the Susquehanna river.
    I have been wanting to take the Jet on the Susky River in PA since I got it!! I would LOVE to get on some Smallies...I bought my Jet in PA and love it

6. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    thanks man. That sounds good! Should I focus north or South? Doesn't matter?
    Look for flats and shallows with steep drop offs close by. Try Wilsonville, and Tanglewood coves, which is close to the state free ramp off Rt 590.

John, congrats to you and S, I really wanted to be there but you know that stupid tnx stuff, and then they cancel because of the debris on the river. The wife said it was a really nice wedding and she thought you guys did a great job with everything. She enjoyed herself a lot and showed me a ton of pictures on Saturday evening. Have a safe and fun week up there.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    Hey all. I am heading to the Poconos on my honeymoon beginning on Monday May 20 and I'll be there for a week. I don't know anything about this Lake yet. Thinking about taking my 16" jet boat instead of taking my Gambler. Does this lake have restrictions? How's the fishing? Any help on this lake would be appreciated fellas. Thanks!
    RRat
    CONGRATS!!!!!

Cesar's Cove Haven?????

You will be right on Wallenpaupack. That cove, feeder creek will have both BROWN and GREEN ones!