Exclamation Wiggle wart in a hard plastic box

I found a pre rapala wiggle wart at an antique store today. V37 red crawdad in great shape. Has the original box but it's not like the normal pre rapala boxes that look like today's. This is in a hard box, says storm that's spelled out in the shape of a fish, says thin fin but says wiggle wart. I believe it said made in Oklahoma. What's the scoop on this?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    I found a pre rapala wiggle wart at an antique store today. V37 red crawdad in great shape. Has the original box but it's not like the normal pre rapala boxes that look like today's. This is in a hard box, says storm that's spelled out in the shape of a fish, says thin fin but says wiggle wart. I believe it said made in Oklahoma. What's the scoop on this?
    This would be the second Wiggle Wart box the first being a cardboard bottom with a clear plastic sleeve. Then the hinged hard plastic box which is the box you have, then to the last box the thin plastic clamshell. Warts were made in Oklahoma for a long time. The V37 is brown crawdad.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    The scoop is you will never have to work again.
    2015 189 trx

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by z7extreme View Post
    The scoop is you will never have to work again.
    Not quite

5. Member
    Funny stuff. Guess I just wanted to know how rare it was with that box since I hadn't seen one like that. Sounds like it's nothing special.

V37 in good condition, 30-35 in that box. No rare at all. They made that color from 1975-1999.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtrwsel View Post
    V37 in good condition, 30-35 in that box. No rare at all. They made that color from 1975-1999.
    Best color they ever made for SW Missouri lakes.

8. Member
    Yeah, I'd set it back for a while. It'll rise in value due to the amount of them being fished like Donnie said.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Yeah, I'd set it back for a while. It'll rise in value due to the amount of them being fished like Donnie said.
    yeah I think I'm going to hold onto it for awhile........I may fish the damn thing. it's in great shape and that is a really good color. will decide next year when wart season comes around.

10. Member
    So educate me on the Wart Mania? $30-35 for a common lure while a similar era nice Bagley in a common color may be $6-10?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    So educate me on the Wart Mania? $30-35 for a common lure while a similar era nice Bagley in a common color may be $6-10?
    The V37 wart is highly sought after as a fisher. The warts are more desired to fish than the bagleys which drives up the price on this specific color.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    The V37 wart is highly sought after as a fisher. The warts are more desired to fish than the bagleys which drives up the price on this specific color.
    Darren is pretty much right on. Now 15 or so years ago the good fishing color square bill Bagleys would bring $30 or more but now there are so many good square bills out there they don’t have the demand. You still have your die hard Bagley guys out there like me that would still rather fish a Bagley. Rare color Bagleys is a whole other ballgame.

13. Member
    so how do you I.D. a pre-Rapala Wart

14. Member
    so how do you I.D. a pre-Rapala Wart
    It will be stamped "wiggle wart" under the bill. Some of the models were stamped on the stomach or on the side of the stomach. Other sizes will also be stamped under the bill "magnum wiggle wart" "steelie" etc.

15. Member

16. Member
    ^It's in dang nice shape. Nice find man

Well sometimes common colors can be bought less than $10. But most typical commons run $25-$80. The market is way down right now but picks up in the winter; goes in cycles. Some of the really rare ones can go north of a grand.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtrwsel View Post
    Well sometimes common colors can be bought less than $10. But most typical commons run $25-$80. The market is way down right now but picks up in the winter; goes in cycles. Some of the really rare ones can go north of a grand.
    Yep, you'd probably easily get $50 out of that 37 in the winter