Ranger repair work

Dropped a boat off in flippin few weeks ago for some gel cracks, trailer issues, and some pumps was just wondering how long should I expect to be down? Obviously they can’t give a timeline but was just wondering if anyone here has done this lately or had an idea

2. Member
    I've been waiting since Feb. 5 for seat repair parts. Good luck.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bcreek View Post
    I've been waiting since Feb. 5 for seat repair parts. Good luck.
    Meow that really is discouraging, I was wondering when I dropped it off how much Johnny m has put a monkey. Wrench in things

4. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Meow that really is discouraging, I was wondering when I dropped it off how much Johnny m has put a monkey. Wrench in things
    Not JM, it tooks months to get work done at the Ranger plant in the past.

They are designed to build.....the manpower is not set up for refurbishing.....There is now way to know how to staff for unknown numbers

5. Member
    All depends on what's being done and time of year. I'm 45 minutes away, dropped mine off in Fall of 16 for a new axle and had it back the same week. Dropped it off Tuesday for my recessed TM pedal which was already built in they just had to cut the deck to expose it and I got a call Wednesday saying it was ready. Tuesday when I dropped mine off at 7:00 there was a guy from Kansas dropping his 2017 that was losing brake fluid and his dealer couldn't diagnose it, we took the tour together at 8:30 and 10:30 while still on the tour they called him to say his was done although his was warranty work.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    All depends on what's being done and time of year. I'm 45 minutes away, dropped mine off in Fall of 16 for a new axle and had it back the same week. Dropped it off Tuesday for my recessed TM pedal which was already built in they just had to cut the deck to expose it and I got a call Wednesday saying it was ready. Tuesday when I dropped mine off at 7:00 there was a guy from Kansas dropping his 2017 that was losing brake fluid and his dealer couldn't diagnose it, we took the tour together at 8:30 and 10:30 while still on the tour they called him to say his was done although his was warranty work.
    well I doubt mine will be that quick, I had some fiberglass cracks and some trailer work, they have to do some fixing with the console and bulge pumps

7. Member
    Evansville, Indiana and Eddyville, Kentucky
    That is great service!

8. Member
    Ive had my boat there twice and both times it was 6 months. doing warranty work kinda

9. Member
    When I talked to them a while back they said they was busy but when I actually brought it there it seemed like there wasn’t that many boats, so I don’t know

10. Member
    Mine is all warranty work also, it’s a 2017

11. Member
    Last October I dropped boat off to get seats, carpet, lids...etc. got it back June 6th, yep, 8 months. I asked about gel repair and they said the waiting list was a year and a half out. All in all they did a great job on my boat and very fair in price. I never did the gel repair. Good luck

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose 518VX View Post
    Last October I dropped boat off to get seats, carpet, lids...etc. got it back June 6th, yep, 8 months. I asked about gel repair and they said the waiting list was a year and a half out. All in all they did a great job on my boat and very fair in price. I never did the gel repair. Good luck
    Wow that’s crazy, I cant wait 8 months, I’m not paying for anything so hopefully they are shorter when it comes to warranty then they are people doing service

13. Member
    I had to send my 2018 back to the factory for some gel issues and a livewell leaking issue and for new switch panels. Mine was gone a total of 2.5 to 3 weeks including shipping. Very quick. Actually just as quick as it would have been at the dealer minus the shipping time

I had to restore the finish on a 21’ Ranger that was carried to the Ranger factory for new seats and transom repair. If I remember correctly the owner stated in sat outside at the plant uncovered for approximately 8 months. My customer did supply a cover.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Shipping it usually what takes forever. If your picking it up i bet it will only be 3 weeks max.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

It depends. I had a couple of glass boats up there for glass work that took several months....and that was before JM. Then I had the metal RT up there for some warranty work about 3-4 years ago and it took them about two weeks. That was also before JM. I would say it depends a lot on the time of year. Alsomboth times IItook mine to them and picked it up myself. They used to have someone there who handled managing just warranty stuff and you could call and ask...don't know about now. But you might try calling and asking them.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

8 months is crazy. I have only had one Charger that required work. I used to take it down to Truman Fiberglass, 560 mile round trip for me. I dropped it off on a Sat. Morning and the next Sat. I drove back down to get it. Had a Hamby installed. Second time had some blisters on the hull.

18. Member
    I took my 2010 Z520 in in August 2015 to be re carpeted, new cover & replace the brake actuator. There were 49 boats ahead of me in the repair shop. Picked it up in October, 2015. All repairs done, plus They replaced my Jump start Box with a newer style, they replaced the trailer tongue. They only charged me for the carpet & the cover.

No matter how long it takes it is well worth the money & the 1000 mile round trip to get it there & pick it up

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wdubuis View Post
    I took my 2010 Z520 in in August 2015 to be re carpeted, new cover & replace the brake actuator. There were 49 boats ahead of me in the repair shop. Picked it up in October, 2015. All repairs done, plus They replaced my Jump start Box with a newer style, they replaced the trailer tongue. They only charged me for the carpet & the cover.

No matter how long it takes it is well worth the money & the 1000 mile round trip to get it there & pick it up
    Well that was quick but I’m sure a few things have changed between then and now