1st time out with new axiom 9

So here are some thoughts on 1st time usage. Unit locked up on me 3 times to start then flawless. Side imaging equal to my 898 humminbird but nowhere near new humminbird units. 3D view is really cool. Ability to individualize each screen is great but time consuming. All in all happy with purchase. Questions: Can I save a 3D map to a sad card so I can use it for future reference? Can I load the navitronics card so it doesn’t have to be in port all the time? Things I would like to see (maybe there and haven’t found them): ring around location of boat that can be adjusted so that I can tell how far from any given waypoint I am away from. Chart zoom only goes to 50ft. Would like to see 25ft. 3D view not always centered. Have to play with screen. Is this normal?

2. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Make sure your running the latest update. Must have a card map loaded in a unit on the network. 3D has a rest but once you start moving it around your in control.
    Cant save 3D to a card you back scroll about 10 min.

3. Member
    If my map card has to be in unit all times, how do I save 3D map to a card? How do I use the saved maps if navitronics map card is in reader?

thanks,
    Todd

4. Member
    FIRST - what version of software are you running?

Ability to individualize each screen is great but time consuming.
    * Yes, time consuming but only have to do it once and much more customization that any other units out there

Can I save a 3D map to a sad card so I can use it for future reference?
    * No, 3D (and all sonar) records for 10 minutes. You can scroll back for 10 minutes, but can't save it

Can I load the navitronics card so it doesn’t have to be in port all the time?
    * No, can't load the maps - card has to be in there
    * If you want an extra SD card port, we sell an RCR - Remote Card Reader

Things I would like to see (maybe there and haven’t found them):
    ring around location of boat that can be adjusted so that I can tell how far from any given waypoint I am away from.
    * Not available, but it's on the "wish list"

Chart zoom only goes to 50ft. Would like to see 25ft.
    * My unit zooms to 20'

3D view not always centered. Have to play with screen. Is this normal?
    * 3D image can be moved around based on user preference
    * You can always use the shortcut views on the side to bring you back to center