Power Pole Problem

I installed 2 new 8’ blades this week, and everything worked great. First trip to the lake today, I noticed one of them dropping from the stowed position on the freeway. Not all the way, but a few inches. Pulled over and retracted with the switch, seemed tight. Hit the road and it dropped a little again between there and ramp. Everything worked great on the water, but I noticed that one pole wouldn’t stay tight in the bracket - it would just drop a little over time. Goes down and comes up fine and in sync with the other. Just doesn’t stay locked tight when stowed.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

BrianC

2. Member
    My suggestion is to head to deep enough water that they won't hit bottom and cycle them 2 or 3 times and see if that'll do it. Could be that all the air didn't bleed out. If you can't figure it out after that, holler at Power Pole. I don't know of ANYBODY that beats their customer service.

3. Member
    Did that with same outcome. Contacted Power Pole and have to agree, customer service second to none. New pump already in the mail!

Quote Originally Posted by The Noid View Post
    My suggestion is to head to deep enough water that they won't hit bottom and cycle them 2 or 3 times and see if that'll do it. Could be that all the air didn't bleed out. If you can't figure it out after that, holler at Power Pole. I don't know of ANYBODY that beats their customer service.

4. Member
    You just can't beat them on CS. Hope the problem is solved.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    nobody better!

One of mine is doing the same thing ( port side). Contacted power pole but haven't heard back from them.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    One of mine is doing the same thing ( port side). Contacted power pole but haven't heard back from them.
    call them

Called power pole. Said to take the pump off and return. What is the best way to relieve pressure so I can remove it. Don't want fluid going all over the place. Also, before I send the pump back is there a fix for it. Pump works fine, pole drops couple of inches in a day but thats about it. Hate to take it off, send it back & they say it is OK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Called power pole. Said to take the pump off and return. What is the best way to relieve pressure so I can remove it. Don't want fluid going all over the place. Also, before I send the pump back is there a fix for it. Pump works fine, pole drops couple of inches in a day but thats about it. Hate to take it off, send it back & they say it is OK. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    you can deploy the pole, screw lines off pump then put them in a container and push up on the pole. You will get a little fluid leak when you first disconnect but as you push up the fluid will be contained in the container. If they thought was a easy fix would have certainly tried to talk you thru it.

Yea, I thought about that too. A lot of times, you & other guys on here) are pretty knowledgeable on these things so thought I would ask. Silly question but would there be a possibility of air in the pump or line?
    Thanks for your reply.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Yea, I thought about that too. A lot of times, you & other guys on here) are pretty knowledgeable on these things so thought I would ask. Silly question but would there be a possibility of air in the pump or line?
    Thanks for your reply.
    is it a new install?

no, had them for a while now.

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    wouldnt be air then

14. Member
    For bleeding pressure an removing pumps I've use cable ties to hold the poles in the retracted position, put a rag under the nuts then just unscrew them. I've only lost MAYBE a tablespoon of fluid this way. Works for me and since they're still retracted, they're easy to walk around.