Shredded prop, suggestions?

I hit something running wide open and whacked my prop and skeg. I believe it was a sand bar but had some rock in it, the boat hull didn't touch it and it didn't really slow me down. Got back to the marina and saw that I tore up the prop and skeg pretty good.

I have a tournament on Saturday so I would like to get a replacement, will see if this one can be fixed at a later date. The boat still runs upper 60's but I could tell something was up because it definitely wouldn't get in the 70's and once I knew something was up, I slowed down to get home. No vibration or anything so I don't feel like there is any additional damage.

The prop is stamped:

25-T1 15 1/8

Is there a better prop option at this point or do I just replace it with the same thing?

2017 ZX250

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Obviously the skeg will need to be addressed at some point too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Ugh.. I would have the prop shaft checked for sure. My buddy did the same thing. He put a new prop on his boat and was going to get the skeg repaired down the road. He didn't realize his prop shaft was slightly bent. It ended up costing him a new lower unit when it finally gave out.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    I've got one to sell you. Not in time for tourney but I have a mint condition T1 25' Ventless

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    I've got one to sell you. Not in time for tourney but I have a mint condition T1 25' Ventless
    PM me your price please definitely interested.
    Last edited by stringwise; 05-12-2018 at 05:30 PM.

5. Member
    Ill make you a deal. I just am in process of flashing my ECU so planning on a bigger prop. I’ll PM

Send the old prop to Steve in Quitman, TX , near Lake Fork. He will make it like new! You might call him, he may have a prop you can use, or even turn yours around quick. Insurance claim maybe? Possibly, the prop shaft is bent, and replacing the lower unit housing is not cheap! If you are going to run it, be sure and check the lower unit grease often - make sure it is full, and no water is getting into it.

http://www.stevescustomprops.com/
    Last edited by Texas Larry; 05-12-2018 at 08:50 PM.

Call insurance company, You could get a new LU and Prop.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

You definitely need to claim that on insurance. I'd bet a Dr. Pepper that the prop shaft is slightly bent.

As for props, another T-1 or T-2 would be good. The Tempest would also work well, but you would need a hub kit for it. The Tempest is usually easier to come by, but it looks like you already have a line on another T-1.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

I went back with a T-2 on mine... My prop shaft was bent and it looked not nearly that bad... Better check the barrel inside that prop as well.. That's where my T-1 broke..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by utinator View Post
    You definitely need to claim that on insurance. I'd bet a Dr. Pepper that the prop shaft is slightly bent.

As for props, another T-1 or T-2 would be good. The Tempest would also work well, but you would need a hub kit for it. The Tempest is usually easier to come by, but it looks like you already have a line on another T-1.
    Thanks guys. I've never made a boat insurance claim but this might one to look into. I also have a slightly broken cowling when it was hit at the ramp by another boat (long story and not my fault I wasn't even present at the time). Not sure if I could do a two-for-one but I will ask my agent.

I'm going to run it this weekend (with a new/used prop) for a tournament and to chase the bassmaster elite guys, then I will dig into how to best handle this one.

Insurance replaced my VMAX lower unit 1 1/2 years ago & paid to have the prop rebuilt. Total bill was over $4K.

12. Member
    Pm me I’m in the market pay pal button ready
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250