Do-it Midwest finesse mold, bad?

i bought this mold from a online retailer last year and am having problems with lead getting in the eyelet of the hook. im using eagle claw 570 size 2, eagle claw 570 2/0 and vmc size 1
    seems maybe the part in the do-it mold where the hook eye goes, the passage is for heavier hook? but barlows says these are compatible
    all these hooks im getting the same result. its a pain in the arse to clean all the eyelets!!

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Green Fish Bait Brewery
    A maybe for you: fill both sides with high temp silicone, let cure, then cut smooth with razor. Hooks will sit in slot snug and the silicone will not let lead into area.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Permatex-...&wl13=&veh=sem
    Ron
    Green Fish Bait Brewery (FB)
    Veteran

3. Member
    X2 That's what I did to mine. I was using hooks recommended for it but they still flashed. RTV silicone will do the trick.

4. Member
    thanks folks, ill give it a try

5. Member
    One thing you have to do when looking at which hooks can fit a mold is look at what it calls for. That mold was based on a #1 and 1/0 Owner 5313, it is a heavier wire hook than the VMC or EC that you are using so while the hook will fit it will have some play and that extra room will fill up with flash in a lot of cases. Do what the other guys told you, fill the hook eye part of the cavities with high temp RTV silicone (gasket maker from auto parts store) and then let cure for 12 hours and cut flush with a razor blade.

Plumbers putty will work for a temporary quick fix.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html