Javelin 409: Livewell Aerator / Recirc Switch Wiring

Sorry for long post... I am in process of straightening up wiring at driver console on 93 409T. Previously an aftermarket panel had been added at the driver console and things weren't working as they were supposed to so I am going back with original wiring logic with new driver console switches as needed. Boat still has original wiring harnesses and the switches at the front are still there and appear to in good shape. I am having trouble figuring out the wiring logic for the Master Aerator Fish/Run and Recirc switches at the Driver Console and how it ties in to the switches at the front panel as well as what switches I need. I have the early-to-mid 90s set up of Recirc with On/Off switches at both the console and front panel and a Master Aerator Fish/Run switch at console with Freshwater Time-Off-Manual and Timer Select 2-4-6 at front panel.

The front Recirc switch is a DPST with only two wires on it, the hot wire and the pump wire. The front Freshwater switch is a DPDT, the Timer is a DPDT but only one side has wires going to timer relay.

For the Recirc function, should the driver console be completely independent of the front panel switch? To start troubleshooting and trying to figure it out I put in a SP switch (Power-Acc-Ground stabs)at console and I can get pump to start with both driver console switch on and front panel switch to on. Is this correct or should the driver console start the pump independent of the front switch position?

Should the Master Fish/Run in the Fish position allow control for both Recirc and Freshwater from the front? Does it only send power to the front and what type of switch would I need? I can get power to the front switch but can't get pumps to start.

Does anyone have any photos or simple diagram for how to wire these switches up? The wiring diagram I got from Cand0 doesn't match up on color scheme and hasn't helped me with logic between the console and front.
    Last edited by bow_vol; 05-12-2018 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Add photo

2. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member

4. Member
    Here is what I have right now

nice wiring diagram! my old 270 required the "fish" to be on to run any pumps. i think the thought was to be able to shut it all off with 1 switch when not fishing. Other than that i didn't have as complicated as a set up. it was just pumps no recirc. Hopefully someone with a 409 can weigh in on how theirs functions - but personally if your going through all this work - set it up how YOU want it to work.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax