Ultrex New in Box, But No Mount

Need some help here, fellas. My buddy bought a new in box Ultrex and when he got it, there was no mount included. I thought all new in box Ultrex motors came with a mount, but local TM shop is telling him the mount is an optional extra. This isn’t meant to doubt what the shop says, but rather, to validate if Minn Kota does sell a version without mount? Or, do they maybe provide these as tournament prizes? My buddy says when he got the box it had “No Mount” on it and I’m just trying to figure out if Minn Kota sells or gives them away like that?

It's probably an OEM motor and the mount was already on the boat it came with. My brother just bought a Skeeter and his came this way. Mount installed at factory and TM in a box for the dealer to install. I've never seen an Ultrex (or any other) for sale without a mount at a retail shop.

Without knowing all the facts..
    If this was not known prior to purchase -- someone has some serious explaining to do !!!!

4. Member
    Yea someone got ripped off.... was the box factory stapled closed, etc...?

5. Member
    That’s a pretty big piece to be missing but as far as I have ever seen, they all come with a mount. What’s javelin mentioned definitely makes sense though so who knows.

I know mine was missing the heading sensor/puck and my buddy was missing the gas spring but like I said, a mount would be hard to miss.

6. Member
    If you purchase a MinnKota Ultrex from a dealer, the motor, mount, stabilizer, heading sensor, and hardware package all comes in the box. MinnKota will not sell to dealers/distributors any other way. However, a boat dealer can purchase from the boat manufacturer a boat with a XXX trolling motor on it and it will come with the mount separate from the trolling motor.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    Well I can say that this does happen. I bought an ultrex as well. NIB and when I got it (yesterday) I also found it to be no mount. So now I just purchased a mount from motors.johnsonoutdoors.com. $660 later and a few more days I will finally have an ultrex.

8. Member
    Wow I hope you got the motor cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by taymas View Post
    Well I can say that this does happen. I bought an ultrex as well. NIB and when I got it (yesterday) I also found it to be no mount. So now I just purchased a mount from motors.johnsonoutdoors.com. $660 later and a few more days I will finally have an ultrex.

9. Member
    Where in the hell are you guys buying TM without the mount? That’s the craziest thing ever
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

Sure be nice to have all the facts and figures with these stories..
    Something a little fishy going on. Hard for me to believe someone would pay another $660.00 for a mount if they paid the going rate to start with.
    Sounds like that old saying. If it sounds to good to be true ..................

11. Member
    Honestly I bought it on BBC. The guy won it in a raffle. He posted it for a really good price. I asked him why he was selling a NIB ultrex and he said he won it in a raffle and did not own a boat or fish at all. I emailed him after I got the unit and expressed my frustration. He seemed very embarrassed and swore he was not trying to pull a fast one. With the mount and the price I paid for the unit I am at a normal cost. Just a round about way. Long story short don't assume that everyone who posts on here knows what we all do.

12. Member
    Honestly I bought it on BBC. The guy won it in a raffle. He posted it for a really good price. I asked him why he was selling a NIB ultrex and he said he won it in a raffle and did not own a boat or fish at all. I emailed him after I got the unit and expressed my frustration. He seemed very embarrassed and swore he was not trying to pull a fast one. With the mount and the price I paid for the unit I am at a normal cost. Just a round about way. Long story short don't assume that everyone who posts on here knows what we all do.
    That and the fact the warranty is to the original purchaser (MinnKota's warranty statement) makes the whole deal sound funny.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]