Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bassinCPA View Post
    Have any idea what a 200 or 225 be flashed to? Am curious to know what kind speed these motors could attain on their respective boats (zx200 & zx225) as well.
    The 200 flash would get the most gain hands down. With some set up and prop changes probably around 8 to 10 mph. I know of a couple of sub 20 footers with flashed 225’s that are running at or just over 80 mph after the ECU was flashed.

2. Member
    What happens if UPS loses the ECU in transit? Are they replaceable for your particular SHO motor? I sold a friend a prop and UPS lost it, luckily they covered it under the insurance I had down for it!

3. Member
    It can be done easily several have done it. In fact, a lot of guys are buying the 200 to save money and then having it flashed. All the SHO motors 200 through 250 are exactly the same the only difference is the ECU

4. Member
    Have it flashed you will be making 346 hp at the crank shaft

5. Member
    Raise the rev limiter to 7000 with the intentions of running at about 6400 and hold on

6. Member
    Hydrotec will send you a new one

7. Member
    Be interesting to see how long it takes for someone to get protested for running a flashed SHO in a tournament.

8. Member
    I'm probably going to get in trouble, but it sounds like cheating to me.

I live near a 10 HP max lake. One of my associates is proud that he's made a 10 HP cowl fit a 15 HP moter

Another similar. He's got a 25 cowl on his 35. Proud to run it on a 25 HP lake.

Anyone think Jason Lambert might have flashed his motor?

Hope no one is offended, but this offends me. It's wrong !!

9. Member
    Eventually someone will protest somebody with a flashed sho. Question is, how would anybody prove it? I honestly don't mind what a guy does. If he wants to run 100 down the lake that's his deal, it won't effect my fishing. It's not like there isn't stock boats that will do those speeds so I don't see why it would matter if a skeeter or other boat can do them. In tournies with hp limits it would be breaking the rules and it would be for going over the hp rating in some tournies. But, I also think it would be cool to see a zx200 smoking past the big 250 rigs and hearing some of those guys cry.

10. Member
    I don’t fish tournaments so why is it wrong?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    I don’t fish tournaments so why is it wrong?
    It's not

12. Member
    Do you guys think it's OK to break the rules just because you want to?

Does the 10 HP limit or the 25 HP limit only apply to regular people, not SPECIAL people?

Do you think the ZX200 is rated for 200 HP just for the heck of it?

Rules are made for a reason, but there are always SPECIAL people that think they don't apply to them. I, and I suspect most rule obeying people, have another name for SPECIAL people.

Tournament fishing has nothing to do with it.

Why is it wrong to drive 100MPH on the freeway? Are those SPECIAL people OK? Same deal.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    It's not
    Your insurance company may think it's wrong though. And so will the warranty Dept at Yamaha if it's still under warranty.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Your insurance company may think it's wrong though. And so will the warranty Dept at Yamaha if it's still under warranty.
    Your insurance company will never know. A ZX250 and FX are rated for 300 HP anyway. And the Magnuson-Moss act prevents them from doing much about the warranty. Hard to say an ECU caused something when you make the same motor on a 300 HP too

15. Member
    Is it wrong to have your prop worked? Is it wrong to put lithium batteries in your boat to save weight? Since when is there a speed limit on the water? I wasn’t looking to go 90 miles an hour I just wanted to get some of my power back or performance I should say from all the weight that I carry with the two talons etc. My motor is out of warranty. It’s still stock motor just had the computer changed. I don’t fish tournaments and to be honest I don’t give a rats ass what anybody thinks I’m not cheating anything or breaking any laws like going 100 mph down the freeway

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post

Does the 10 HP limit or the 25 HP limit only apply to regular people, not SPECIAL people?

Rules are made for a reason, but there are always SPECIAL people that think they don't apply to them. I, and I suspect most rule obeying people, have another name for SPECIAL people.

Why is it wrong to drive 100MPH on the freeway? Are those SPECIAL people OK? Same deal.
    I guess you think drag racing is against the the rules? Hot rods? We've been putting big motors, nitrous, supercharger, etc on cars forever, why the big worry if a guy wants to slap a tune on a boat? If you don't want to flash your motor I get that, I don't either but if someone does I don't see an issue with it. If a guy wants to run a 25 on a 10hp lake that's his deal, it's not going to ruin my day one single bit. If a guy wants to run a 450 on a 16' boat, have at it, again it won't effect me and I will probably admire him flying down the lake. Nothing SPECIAL about making hot rods as it's been done forever

17. Member
    Am I the only old man on this site? Does anyone but me think running a 25 HP motor on a lake that has a 10 limit is wrong? By the way, TX, it is against the law. And it ruins my day. I obey the rules. I have 4 boats just so I can. Some SPECIAL person that thinks the rules don't apply to him, does ruin my day, and everybody's day but his. A SPECIAL person in 450 HP 16' boat may not affect you, unless he loses control at 100MPH and runs over your ass.

I was hot rodding cars when most of you children were born. I didn't see a horsepower limit posted on a 55 Chevy, but there is one posted on every modern boat. I didn't run the 55 as fast as it would go on the road, but I bet ever one that hops up a boat runs it flat out. I ain't no lawyer, but I'll bet you it's against the law to exceed the posted HP limit in a boat.

I'm off this post. I'll never convince the SPECIAL people that rules apply to them, and that there others in the world than them.

It's still WRONG !!

18. Member
    Am I the only old man on this site? Does anyone but me think running a 25 HP motor on a lake that has a 10 limit is wrong? By the way, TX, it is against the law. And it ruins my day. I obey the rules. I have 4 boats just so I can. Some SPECIAL person that thinks the rules don't apply to him, does ruin my day, and everybody's day but his. A SPECIAL person in 450 HP 16' boat may not affect you, unless he loses control at 100MPH and runs over your ass.

I was hot rodding cars when most of you children were born. I didn't see a horsepower limit posted on a 55 Chevy, but there is one posted on every modern boat. I didn't run the 55 as fast as it would go on the road, but I bet ever one that hops up a boat runs it flat out. I ain't no lawyer, but I'll bet you it's against the law to exceed the posted HP limit in a boat.

I'm off this post. I'll never convince the SPECIAL people that rules apply to them, and that there others in the world than them.

It's still WRONG !!

everybody got an opinion. lol

I see your grip in your situation, but not everyone has those limitations. if a guys boat is rated for 300hp or unlimited HP, his lake has no limitations on speed, is it still wrong for him to get his boat modified? Why does that make him SPECIAL as you say.

19. Derek McCullough

Well first of all there is a speed limit on the interstate and there is not on the lake????

20. Member
    Saw zero change in performance! Sent ECU back to make sure flash took and was confirmed it did. Boat runs same exact speed and RPM's as it did before. Only thing I changed was I went from a 25P T1 to a 25P T2 (just to start with a new fresh prop; nothing wrong with my old prop. I was going to get a bigger P prop but several BBC members said no run the 25P at a higher RPM). Unless there is something horribly wrong with the new prop I am frustrated to say the least and feel I pissed away $700 for nothing. Not sure how guys are seeing the gains because I saw nothing. Boat load same as always and ran it twice in different weather conditions. Hole shot seems worse to me as well. Suggestions? I really don't want to play with buying several props

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast