Best combo golf/fish trip-what are your best or worst?

My best would be be Shanghai la at grand lake, oklahoma- great course and lake. Course is fantastic after the redo and new resort has great food and atmosphere. Fish in the am-Golf in the pm-poolside cocktail-massage-stuff face-repeat next 3 days

2. Member
    I never taken a golf/fishing trip, but if I did Northern Michigan would be a good starting place.

3. Member
    I like coming to Tree Tops in July. Cool and clear compared to Oklahoma in July. But we didn’t get out on the water which was a mistake. I will fix it next time.

4. Member
    Also fished trout on Colorado River and golfed Grand Lake Golf Course near Rocky Mountain National in summertime which was a hoot. Can’t have too much fun.

5. Member
    I would think the Trent Jones trail in Alabama combined with all those bass lakes has to be on the list.....

6. Member
    Fishinfamily, top of the rock and table rock? That would make it too I would think.
    I would love to golf and fish my way through the trail in Alabama.
    I would need a little local help on the fishin part!

7. Member
    Bearetta, You are right about Tablerock and Top of the Rock! Always seem to forget the ones closest to home!!

8. Member
    I stayed at Big Cedar a few years ago-very nice-but TOR was under construction.
    We played our golf elsewhere that trip.
    i need to go back.

9. Member
    I don't think you could pass up a Northern Michigan golf/fish trip. You could play Jack Nicklaus' "The Bear", then play Lochenheath and finally the Gary Player course in Traverse City and then hit either bays or another dozen great fishing lakes all within a hours drive.

Another great course just south of Traverse City is Arcadia Bluffs. If you went the other direction you could hit up Black Lake (small mouth lake) and then Black Lake Golf Club. Great track, great lake. After black lake, you could try your luck at fly fishing and golf at Hidden River Golf and Casting Club. Again, a great course.

The list can go on and on if you want great golf and fishing in MI.
    08 Triton 17 Explorer/08 90 Merc

10. Member
    AndyK,
    Thanks for those suggestions-those are great. And upper peninsula Michigan is the bomb for perfect summer weather! I won’t tell anybody

Just did Cancun and stayed at Iberostar where they did Big Break and did an 8hr offshore trip. We stayed there a week and got back sat.
    Www.thkustoms.com

"Speak softly and carry a Big Stick!"-Theodore Roosevelt
    USN 2002-2008
    NAS Whidbey Island
    USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom

12. Member
    Have gone down to Florida on the gulf side down low and golfed and then fished both in a boat and on the bank....very relaxing

13. Member
    The Wilderness at Fortune Bay on Lake Vermilion.

14. Member
    You're not topping the golf/fishing at Streamsong

http://www.streamsongresort.com

ZEROCOOL
    '07 Tracker Avalanche
    Mercury Optimax 115

15. Member
    Stream song looks nice. There has to be a bass around there somewhere.

16. Member
    AndyK,
    may last name is Black, so I think I need to hit the Back Lake/Black Lake Golf Club. Maybe they give a discount to Kin.

17. Member
    And in a local tournament I cut the motor and threw a purple worm right beneath the sign that said “ Black’s Cove” and hung a 7lber. On the first cast of the morning as the boat drifted from cutting the motor and I was dropping the trolling motor. Big fish of the tournament.

Just did cozumel country club and some of shore fishing was an awesome trip for a reasonable price, and for some quality bass fishing castle island camps on long pond in Belgrade Maine and the Belgrade country club is 3 minutes away cant be any better than that
    HARD WORK BUILDS CHARACTER

19. Member
    Golfed twice at Shangri-La this weekend on Grand Lake Oklahoma. Great golf, food and pool.
    Massage on day two. Boat traffic was terrible after 10. Better to stay on land this weekend. First time to break 80 with a 79 Saturday.