Thread: 250 Sho smoking

250 Sho smoking

My first full day on a 2013 Skeeter fx20 with a sho and 6 miles in I looked back and it was smoking and no water. I have had an empellar go bad and over heat before. But no alarms or anything! I drop off at yamaha dealer and have a few months left. But I just bought it from Weidas and I live in Ga. I am nervous! Any thoughts? Please.

2. Member
    I idled for 10 minutes to calibrate ultrex. Any chance its empellar and making oil due to idle?

They should figure it out. If it was not peeing it should be fairly easy to find the problem. The 2013's were not problem motors as far as I know...they were after the fixes.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

4. Member
    I talked with Sean at Weidas. He took the boat in the fall so they heavily stabilzed the gas. Hopefully an empellar and run the gas out. Thank you.

5. Member
    Blown head! I guess replace and hope gor best. Luckily I have warranty until July. My question is once replaced do I havevany yes warranty? Yes runs out in July?

6. Banned
    How did you verified its blown?If in fact fuel was heavily stabilized and motor runs fine at higher rpm I wouldn't worry. If it comtinues to smoke after using frsh fuel than I would be concerned.

7. Member
    Yamaha does not repair a blown power head. They will send a complete new long block. Just went thru this process. You will get 12 mos warranty on the new power head, but no labor coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by btown View Post
    Blown head! I guess replace and hope gor best. Luckily I have warranty until July. My question is once replaced do I havevany yes warranty? Yes runs out in July?

8. Member
    Thank you.