1995 Merc XRi v6 2.5 liter no spark on one side

Posting for a friend. Here's the scenario he lays out for me.
    Bought a boat that sat for 3 years. Took it out, ran fine, everything seemed good. Bring it home, installs a structure scan ducer, and after that, no spark on cylinders 1-3-5, one entire side. Makes no sense. I think it's just coincidence that he found the problem after installing the ducer, but that's what he tells me.
    Buddy came over with a spark tester, they changed out some CDI boxes, and still nothing. Any idea on what could have happened or where to start looking? Thanks for any info.

Brian
    Last edited by B Robinson; 05-11-2018 at 02:16 PM.
    2002 Lund ProV 2025 Magnum /Yamaha 200 HPDI

2. Member
    unplug red white pig tail wire on outside box and white black pig tail from inside box go to idle stabilizer poss bad , do it report back
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Well, they switched some wires like you said, did some switching of the CDI boxes or too, not quite sure, but as they were testing for spark, it fired right up, ran great. I just hope it continues for him. Thanks!
    2002 Lund ProV 2025 Magnum /Yamaha 200 HPDI

4. Member
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................