Question 1 Blade or 2 Micro Tin Power Pole Dilemma

So, I have a Blade 10 on my '05 Tracker PT185. I'm now dealing with the dreaded "once you get one PP you will want two" decision. I want another so I don't do the current spin and swaying thing. I don't have room for another pump (without getting really creative with placement) so I'm contemplating selling the Blade and going with two micros. Any experiences with that setup on a similar size/style tin? Anything I'm giving up (other than a bit of depth) that I should add to my consideration? Should I make the move or put on my wizard hat and make space for a second pump? TIA for the input.

2. Member
    Sell the one you have, get two Talons. They are electric, no pumps.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

I wouldn't get the micro's on that boat. I would rather use the single pp. I have one Talon and I'm ok with it. just a little tap on the pedal will keep you straight. two is really the way to go, but for me, spending another 2000.00 on a second one is out of the question for now. I think you will replace the micro's before long and kick yourself for selling the PP.

Just for the record... 1 guy in my club has a micro on his fiberglass 18ft Ranger and it holds him well.
    Last edited by BOATS; 05-13-2018 at 07:01 AM.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dees View Post
    I wouldn't get the micro's on that boat. I would rather use the single pp. I have one Talon and I'm ok with it. just a little tap on the pedal will keep you straight. two is really the way to go, but for me, spending another 2000.00 on a second one is out of the question for now. I think you will replace the micro's before long and kick yourself for selling the PP.
    That's the fear I'm having on making the change. But on the other side, going micros would be essentially a "free" upgrade considering what I'm thinking I can get for the pp vs. like you said another 2K plus redesigning my bilge to fit another pump.
    Last edited by RogueWOLF; 05-13-2018 at 09:30 AM. Reason: quote

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Sell the one you have, get two Talons. They are electric, no pumps.
    That is another option, but with the issues I've heard about longer talon's coming off track and such (newer ones seem to do better) and the extra cost, they would be a 3rd option to consider if neither of these work out.

7. Member
    What if you add a micro to your current set up?

8. Member
    I got a micro on my 18' job boat does a great job
    It's light and holds the boat with no issues.
    Only con is that the pike stick out about 7'6" above the boat.
    Have ad a couple people hacking it with baits.
    Also got a pole on my Rt198 and is great.
    I think you would be better served with the regular pole on your boat