Thread: Z185 Jackplate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

2. Member
    I got a 6" manual jack plate on my Z185 to get the engine out of the way of the side scan transducer (SS3D). Any performance increase is just a bonus. Hole shot is great and I get 60+ mph with a Mercury 150 4-stroke.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

3. Member
    What is the dealer charging for the plate and installation?

This company, you need the transducer mount and also an L bracket.

https://www.transducershieldandsaver...6-8-l-bracket/

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead98 View Post
    What is the dealer charging for the plate and installation?
    The 4 1/2 inch slidemaster is 500$ from ranger, and they are charging 2 hours labor to install it, they said with hardware installed around 900$

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    This company, you need the transducer mount and also an L bracket.

https://www.transducershieldandsaver...6-8-l-bracket/

Will this work with the 4 1/2 inch slidemaster?

Not sure, it’s for a 6 to 8””. Shoot them an email, I bet they have something that will work.

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I got a 6" manual jack plate on my Z185 to get the engine out of the way of the side scan transducer (SS3D). Any performance increase is just a bonus. Hole shot is great and I get 60+ mph with a Mercury 150 4-stroke.
    60+ with what type of load? Also whats highest you've seen, and is that on GPS?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLuRRnAWAY View Post
    60+ with what type of load? Also whats highest you've seen, and is that on GPS?
    Myself, loaded with all my tackle, 20 rods, full tank. Yes GPS. 60.4 mph. Still in break in but I trimmed out twice after 2 hours of break in during a 1 minute full trottle run and got over 60 each time. I hit 60 and trimmed back down. Not sure how much more if anything it has left. Going out with a partner on Monday so we will see how that changes the top end.

I wonder what you would get by yourself with half a tank?
    Last edited by j791; 05-19-2018 at 06:18 PM.

11. Member
    Myself, loaded with all my tackle, 20 rods, full tank. Yes GPS. 60.4 mph. Still in break in but I trimmed out twice after 2 hours of break in during a 1 minute full trottle run and got over 60 each time. I hit 60 and trimmed back down. Not sure how much more if anything it has left. Going out with a partner on Monday so we will see how that changes the top end.
    What is you pad height?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BLuRRnAWAY View Post
    what benefits does a jackplate (manual) give you that not having one wouldn't ? I do not have one on my z185, but have pondered the pros to having one. (Wont be getting poles or a talon).
    I basically got a hydraulic jackplate for two reasons after talking to the Ranger rigging department. First I wanted the jackplate to be able to idle with the motor up in shallow water. Several of the lakes that I fish like Toledo Bend, Lake Fayette, and Stickmarsh have a bunch of stumps. Second I used the jackplate to mount my power poles. If the Ultrex was out when I got the power poles, I don't know if I would have installed them. My Z118 with the Yamaha F150 has really good hole shot and Ranger told me to run the jack plated at its lowest setting. I messed with it a lot when I put it on and Ranger was right the lowest setting works best. So I don't think I would install a manual jackplate today if I was doing it today.

13. Member
    What is you pad height?
    Not sure. I'll try to measure it. My dealer told me not to touch it lol. I can tell you that when trimmed all the way down on the trailer, the motor just hits the ground.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    First I wanted the jackplate to be able to idle with the motor up in shallow water.
    Can't you just trim the motor up?

15. Member
    Can't you just trim the motor up?
    You can but the hydraulic jackplate gives me 8 inches of vertical lift while keeping the prop in the water.

16. Member
    I have pondered a jack plate on my Z185 too but I can’t justify the cost since I’ll be trading it in next spring. That said, if I wasn’t trading it in I can see all the benefits.

I’m hitting 58.8 MPH on GPS with a full load,full live wells and full tank of fuel with a Merc150. Getting high 55’s with a passenger.

I mounted my LSS2 under the bilge are right above the drain plug with a stern saver. Works great.

17. Member
    Just ordered a 4 1/2 sildmaster from R&R Design. Powered coated black with red slides $320 plush shipping. I will post pics when i get it installed.

18. Member
    Just ordered a 4 1/2 sildmaster from R&R Design. Powered coated black with red slides $320 plush shipping. I will post pics when i get it installed.
    Sounds like I got the shaft, mine being 500$ from ranger thru my dealer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12