spinning reel flro

My wife wants to start using jerkbaits and dose not do well with casting reels. I have some sniper and red label. I will be putting it on a ci4 3000. Is there a better flro for a spinning reel then the two I already have?

Everyone's going to say Tatsu. Based on all I've read, that's about the most well behaved fluoro there is. I've never used it to say for myself. Based on personal experience, any fluoro I've used is nightmare on a spinning reel starting with about 8 lb test and up. 8 lb can be manageable, but bigger than that and it becomes a nightmare.

Any thoughts on doing braid with a leader so you don't have to deal with fluoro on the reel itself?
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

As stated above, dont bother with anything below 8-10lb depending on diameter, it will just be a pita.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

4. Member
    I've got 2 spinning rods with straight fluoro on them. 1 with 10lb sniper and the other has 10lb gamma edge. No problems with either. I did have issues with kinking on a revo rocket but that's the reels fault.

5. Member
    The braid floats so it will make the jerk bait ride higher in the water. Trying to keep the as deep as I can

6. Member
    I don't use a spinning reel a lot; but I have three with a base of Mono line and about 40 yards of Seaguar Invizx. So far I have not had any problems.

7. Member
    I fish 8lb Pline Tactical on Stradic 3000 CI4+ all spring. Follow the instructions for spooling that came with the Stradic and you’ll be in great shape. With that being said, you won’t get away with lures that spiral when using straight fluoro on a spinning reel.

Quote Originally Posted by kensnider View Post
    The braid floats so it will make the jerk bait ride higher in the water. Trying to keep the as deep as I can
    To whatever extent that makes a difference (I tend to think it's negligible due to the thin diameter of braid relative to mono or fluoro), if you put a longer leader on it the braid floating won't have any affect. If you have a jerkbait that dives 10 feet, stick a 12 foot leader on it to be sure.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

9. Banned
    Ive used tatsu 8 lb on a spinning reel it still will tangle if the wind catches your cast or if you dont stop the line with your finger on the spool some times.

Id use 10lb braid it isnt going to effect the sinking if you think it does put a dot on the lure or two and youll gain more than you lose.

The power pro super slick is some nice braid for spinning reels as it doesnt hang or grind on the guides on the retrieve.

10. Member
    Run it out behind the boat every couple of hours. That is the only way I have found straight fluoro on spinning to be manageable.