Thread: Rough out

Rough out

I have an 93 plus unit and when running in rough water it will turn off?? Anyone else have this happen?? Is this from the snap in the base deal??? Just looking for ideas as why it does this?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Not mine....does it shut off while fishing? Had a same issue with my lowrance years ago, ended up
    the battery was going bad......but check ALL wire connections, if they are loose or dont look right redo them....also check out battery.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Yes... I had it happen last night... the units come loose from the base... I have had them fall out 4 times.. and have had two of the cradles replaced out of 4 units.. I have heard of people bunging cording these on..

4. Member
    A new cradle will help.. I hope... it was a common problem on the chirp models. They are sending me a totally new unit and cradle to investigate the issue
    Last edited by Fowlthing; 05-11-2018 at 10:47 AM.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Haven't had any issue with my 93 Plus cradle...

My 74 flew out of its cradle and by my head at 68 mph. It’s at the bottom of a deep lake now.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

7. Member
    It hasn't come out of the cradle yet,,, God I hope not. But it shuts off from bouncing I guess, turns right back on, doesn't seem to be a wire connection issue. I love the idea of being able to take it out at the end of the day, but if it affects the use of the unit maybe not a good idea???

8. Member
    Spoke with help line. They said they have never been. Able to pull one apart of the returns.

I asked if they had duplicated the vibration of a boat or road trip. Crickets. Maybe it can be corrected.

9. Member
    I have a 93Plus at the bow and console. The one at the bow as popped out 3 times. So now I use a Gear Tie cord when towing down the road and on water.

Have not had an issue with the one on the console, but not going to take a chance, so I use one there.

Quote Originally Posted by dwillisfish View Post
    I have a 93Plus at the bow and console. The one at the bow as popped out 3 times. So now I use a Gear Tie cord when towing down the road and on water.

Have not had an issue with the one on the console, but not going to take a chance, so I use one there.
    Garmin customer service told me they changed the mounts because of this. Maybe they can help with this.
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Garmin customer service told me they changed the mounts because of this. Maybe they can help with this.
    Thanks Capw. I will give them a call

12. Member
    Mine at the bow has fallen out ...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
    I have an 93 plus unit and when running in rough water it will turn off?? Anyone else have this happen?? Is this from the snap in the base deal??? Just looking for ideas as why it does this?
    Yes, mine has started to shut off in rough water, power it back on and all is well, something must be loose somewhere, no issues with the mount....

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Capw View Post
    Did they say when it was changed and for what units? Have Plus 93 sc and haven't had any issues..

They did not. When they sent me a replacement 74, it didn’t even include a new mount so who knows. I’ll just wrap something around it from now on.
    NRA Life Member

16. Member
    There is a host of ways to make sure the unit doesn't leave the boat. Under the faceplate is a hole. I just used the hole as a guide and drilled through the faceplate. Attach a string or your favorite snap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

17. Member
    That's exactly what mine was doing... Now haven't been out with the rough stuff as of late so not sure if it still does this. Just seems strange to be happening. Other then that issue it sure is a fun unit!

18. Member
    I initially had a unit (93sv @ bow) that would randomly power off by itself, apparently a well known problem with the Garmin folks, Garmin replaced it with no questions, hopefully the problem now doesn't get worse...