Thread: 500 hours?

500 hours?

I found a boat online and haven’t got to look at it yet since I’m at work. 2010 Bass Cat Pantera II with Mercury Optimax Pro XS. The motor has 500 plus hrs. Too much? Still ok? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Member
    would have to know maintenance record and go over it close, for sure getting on up there, but still should have lots of life left
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

If it is a white boat and in GA, I can tell you it has been well maintained as it used to be my boat. Don Weed was the only one who touched it other than me. I took it to him right before it was out of warranty and had him go through everything. The compressor was going bad so he replaced it and I paid to have him service/clean the fuel rails and injectors. He installed TDR Reeds at that time and later on did the compressor reed plate TSB.

It was a great boat for me but I decided to go up to a Cougar.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    see ,there ya go ,cause 06 aint got no junk aughta be a good one
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................