Pretty Good Day on Norfolk Today

We caught over 30 fish today including one walleye and one nice hybrid. Seven keeper bass. Top water action on a Spook was amazing!

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Dang it Jim, I might have to come back up there for a couple days. Nice day you had.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    Gene, if I’d known Norfork was going to fish like this I would have let you know. Don’t know how long this is going to last. Topwater early was really exciting. You could see the fish coming up from below and slamming the lure. As the TW bite slowed, we threw Senko’s weightless into the flooded buckbrush and trees (water is up over 10’) and caught many of our fish. Next was the lizard. Pretty darn good day.

Had trouble posting pics. Kept getting a msg saying images were too big. Had to downsize the pics. Still couldn’t post one pic. Maybe there’s a limit on the number. I’ll try again later and see.

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Gene, if I’d known Norfork was going to fish like this I would have let you know. Don’t know how long this is going to last. Topwater early was really exciting. You could see the fish coming up from below and slamming the lure. As the TW bite slowed, we threw Senko’s weightless into the flooded buckbrush and trees (water is up over 10’) and caught many of our fish. Next was the lizard. Pretty darn good day.

Had trouble posting pics. Kept getting a msg saying images were too big. Had to downsize the pics. Still couldn’t post one pic. Maybe there’s a limit on the number. I’ll try again later and see.
    Last two weeks has been pretty good but it will be all over in a few days, corp is holding water for genset repairs, really going to help the spawn.....

6. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    I was on Ouachita Tuesday and they were on a square bill and weightless stick worm caught a dozen in two hours, couple of 2 1/2 lbs, all of them made the 13" length limit if I would have been keeping.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerbobber View Post
    Last two weeks has been pretty good but it will be all over in a few days, corp is holding water for genset repairs, really going to help the spawn.....
    Mike, a friend was fishing up near No 10 above Red Bank last week. They dumbed into a large school of bass feeding on the surface. Fished it for THREE hrs. Caught over 70 bass, with the biggest in the 2# to 3# range. Don’t see this very often. He had pics of the water boiling with fish!

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Mike, a friend was fishing up near No 10 above Red Bank last week. They dumbed into a large school of bass feeding on the surface. Fished it for THREE hrs. Caught over 70 bass, with the biggest in the 2# to 3# range. Don’t see this very often. He had pics of the water boiling with fish!
    That has been going on from the dam to the bridges also, never seen it last three hours though, that would be awesome but the fish I have been catching in the dirty water have been keying on gizzard shad even though the threadfins are there.....another crazy year for sure

9. Member
    Headed to Bull Shoals soon as a boat arrives. Been 45+ years since I fished it.
    Maybe I should head to Norfork instead for my first time ever!
    Great day for you and thanks for sharing.

10. Member
    Norfork and Bull fish pretty much the same. Bull is much larger and I usually burn a lot more fuel running up lake to my favorite spots. The other day on Norfork I probably didn’t burn more than two gallons of fuel.

New boat on order?

11. Member
    Hit the bushes yesterday in West Sugarloaf on Bull from 0600 - 1130, caught several keepers on flukes and Senkos but nothing big. Every fish we caught had at least one if not 2-3 followers.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Hit the bushes yesterday in West Sugarloaf on Bull from 0600 - 1130, caught several keepers on flukes and Senkos but nothing big. Every fish we caught had at least one if not 2-3 followers.
    Chad, this time or year, East Sugarloaf is one of my favorite spots when fishing the Lead Hill area. Next would be Three Fingers, Elbow and Fine Addition. Is the ramp at Diamond City usable?

13. Member
    The one in the campground is but the parking lot to the main one down the hill is underwater. Needless to say the campground ramp is busy!! While taking out yesterday there were three huge wakeboard boats in line t launch and of course they back down the ramp then load their boat up, what a mess.