looking for House to rent south side Lake St. Clair

Hello Everyone,
    I am planning a trip from Indiana to Lake St. Clair for the 3rd week of July, would like to stay on the south end to cut down on the driving. but is it worth the extra time driving up to Anchor bay and the St Clair river.
    I will be bringing my family (wife and 2 kids 17,11) she doesn't want to stay in a hotel so I am looking for a small house to rent for three or four nights. I searched VRBO and the internet and am not seeing much, is there another site or any ideas for me to look at.
    Any help would be appreciated .
    Thanks,
    Todd Carrico

2. Member
    Not sure about the south end but there might be something on Harsens Island using VRBO.

3. Member
    Your going to struggle finding much on the mile roads/St Clair shores and south...Cast for Cash may know of something...
    If I hit the lotto I'm going to buy an entire neighborhood close to the mile roads, tear it down, and build a resort for fishermen..

Depending on the weather for the year and water temps...In July I prefer to fish the North end and be close to the river......but I l live North and that probably has alot to do with it but it seems to me if water temps are up in July the smallies tend to chase the baitfish up to cooler water..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

4. Member
    Thanks guys

5. Member
    http://www.stclairrental.info/
    These are mostly on anchor bay. I don't know of anything in my area by the mile roads. Have you thought about checking into Ontario? There might be something around Mitchell's bay/wallaceburg. And that is where I would be fishing that time of year.

6. Member
    Brian, we missed our chance! Genos would be a great spot for the fish camp. Open year round for ice fishing too!

7. Member
    That would have been perfect...and we would have made more money than the restaurant..
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

8. Member
    It's still not open and from the outside doesn't look like they've done much since buying it 2 or 3 years ago. Prime location going to waste....

9. Member
    A group of 12 of us JUST returned home today from spending a week staying in the #1 and #2 houses in castforcash's link above! Nicely remodeled and clean. Would fit your family of 4 and one boat nicely.

10. Member
    Thanks everyone, but we decided to pull the camper up to Algnoc state park.
    thanks again and looking forward to the trip.