189TRX Mercury 4 Stroke Setup help

Bought new in March. Done my break in and now trying to set it up. From dealer 4 3/4 pad to prop. 21 tempest plus 52 gps. @ 5800 with water spray ahead of the console. No lift in the front. Researched how other owners had set their boats up. 3 3/4 to 3 was the average. I set mine up at 3 1/2 and got 42 gps 5800 with no lift and it feels like it’s blowing out. No lift and water spray ahead of the console. I read the how tos on leveling the bottom of the boat and motor then measuring pad to prop. Simple enough to do in my shop. I’m running a light and with a half tank. Welcome any advice. Old mechanic scratching his head on this one

2. Member
    Adjusted motor to 4 1/2 pad to prop and got the lift but lost speed 45 gps and increased rpms to 6200. Triton says leave it there a try a 23 tempest

3. Member
    Assuming you haven’t buggered up your prop,you can have some cup added to it or install a jack plate. A plate will give the prop more leverage to get the bow up.

4. Member
    6” jack plate and no prop damage.

5. Member
    If you can I would try a 23 bravo FS my buddy has the same motor and jack plate on z-7 with 2 poles and is running 56 mph at 6,000 rpm 3 1/2” below pad

6. Member
    I talked to my dealer today and he has one I can try.

7. Member
    Update Took my boat to the dealer and he found my trim sensor was defective. He also put a 23 tempest prop on my boat. First set up was 3 1/2 pad prop. No good. Went up more at 1/4" increments. Not any better. I had to go down to 4 1/2 pad to prop. Boat handed and rode great. Final results after going up and down on the jack plate 57.3 mph @ 5800 alone. 56 mph with two people @ 5750. All gps speeds.