Lund Prop Questions

So I have a boat not discussed in the prop section of BBC very often - a Lund Pro V Bass 2075. Specs as follows:

Merc Pro XS 250, boat loaded to max so running heavy. No jack plate.

23 Tempest plus would only spin to 5300 rpms. Speed at around 57 mph. Good hole shot. But I felt that it was not healthy for this motor to be lugging at only 5300 rpm.

So so I ran a 21 Tempest plus this weekend stock. RPM 5600, speed 58. Noticed a slight tendency to porpoise more at WOT as I reached trim limits than with the 23.

So: 1) is this a healthy place to be with a pro XS or do I still need more rpms? If so should I turn this one down to an effective 20p to bump the RPMs up a bit?
    2) would cupping the tip help keep the nose up? The boat doesn’t have any built in lift unlike most fiberglass bass hulls, and trimming only lifts the boat up to where water hits just behind the drivers seat.

This is is an unusual hull and the thinking I’ve used before on fiberglass boats is out the window here. Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

2. Member
    Loaded RPM's for a ProXS 250 is 5850-5950, to get the motor where it achieves max HP.

3. Member
    K then I need to get it there somehow. It’s a big heavy boat but I really hate the idea of going all the way to a 19p prop on that set up for some reason.

4. Member
    ive setup quite a few tinners to run better.
    confirm thy throttle actually reaches wide open . you can see throltte plate after remove cowl and fly wheel cover. pusha throlle wide open with emgine off and confirm plate is reaching wide open

also have someone check your cavitation plate when running near top end. bottom plate should be out of the water when trimmed . most brands run them too low out of the box . if plate is wet on trimmed up id raise motor.

2010 lund predators on a 225 run 19 pitch. you should be able to find a 21 that runs. trophys are cheap and plentiful on swap board. and should handle weight a bit better than tempest, mine did . running a stock 24 trophy out runs my worked 23 tempest . handles weight way better
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12many View Post
    ive setup quite a few tinners to run better.
    confirm thy throttle actually reaches wide open . you can see throltte plate after remove cowl and fly wheel cover. pusha throlle wide open with emgine off and confirm plate is reaching wide open

also have someone check your cavitation plate when running near top end. bottom plate should be out of the water when trimmed . most brands run them too low out of the box . if plate is wet on trimmed up id raise motor.

2010 lund predators on a 225 run 19 pitch. you should be able to find a 21 that runs. trophys are cheap and plentiful on swap board. and should handle weight a bit better than tempest, mine did . running a stock 24 trophy out runs my worked 23 tempest . handles weight way better
    Great info! I’m running a 21 tempest tomorrow turned to a 20 to see if I can get my rpms up slightly. Plan to follow your instructions on the throttle also.