Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Had a girl and then a boy. The first 6 months was tough with him, we called him "Cryin Ryan". That cured the thought of more kids. Plus having one of each 3 years apart seemed just right. My daughter is graduating on Saturday with a Civil Engineer degree. Son has rolled through his first year of college. We did well. I think you will just know when you are done.

2. Member
    Had 2 boys, I wanted another, wife couldn't as she was having problems which ended in a c-section. IMO 2 or 3 is a good number.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Oh and will add, if you really wanted another child it would not be much of a debate. The doubt in the back of your minds means something, to go for another one better to not have any doubts at all.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinR83 View Post
    One and done
    You got that right....

We have 3 ages 11, 9, and 6. we decided after 3 we were done due to our ages, I'm now 39. Wife wishes we had one more after the fact that I've been cut on. The first two are girls and the last a boy, It's amazing the ease of boys over girls.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    After I had one.
    EXACTLY ! Love my Daughter to death. But, thank God, no more.

7. Banned
    Got lucky and had a boy the first try and never felt like trying again.

8. Member
    I said 2 the wife said 3, she had twins the 2nd time so she won that debate.
    2014 Skeeter ZX200 w/ 200 YamahaSHO

9. Member
    Once I gained the age and self control to master the withdrawal method.

10. Member
    We have this talk also the wife has always wanted at least 3 but with the money is we could do the same for the 3rd child meaning private school and all the sports and what also helped is when the wife found out if you have 3 kids you can not do the value resorts at disney you had to do the deluxe resorts But thats something only you and her will know to be honest it wouldnt bother me to have a 3 one but as it is right now im totally booked with the 2 i got.

11. Banned
    After our 4th we kinda knew... I set out wanting a football team and settled for a short bench... Dan

If you can’t decide then the decision is already made. A couple should be 1000% into it before having kids. The more kids you have the more time you’re splitting up between them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    My wife has a daughter that is 25, I have a son that is 17 and we just had one together 4 years ago. We knew pretty quick after that we were done. Chasing a 4 year old around at 44 is not easy. The icing on the cake though is when my wife picked our son up from daycare the other day one of the new girls said "Aiden. Your grandma is here to pick you up." I'm still laughing about that one.
    Ouch. My wife would still be crying.

14. 9/11 - Never forget markheb's Avatar
    We had our boy and then lost two babies. When she finally got pregnant with our girl and made it through the pregnancy, we knew we were done.
    "Do not believe everything you read or see on the internet" -- Abraham Lincoln.

Had a son in 73' and a daughter in 76'. Got snipped 8 months after daughter was born. My house is always full of grandkids. Got a 3 year old spending the night tonight. If i had an 8-5 job and was home every night----- I would have had 5-6 kids, 2 kids-- 5 kids-- no difference.

Trust me, you will know ! Do not fret the decision.

17. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Would not take all the money in the world for my kids, but would not pay a dime for another one.
    This.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

18. Banned
    We have 2 a girl and a boy, 18 months apart. Had a vasectomy 6 months after my son was born. My wife wanted a 3rd,
    I was happy with the ones we had. Blessed with 2 awesome young adults, and a great marriage.
    Last edited by dewyg0606; 05-11-2018 at 08:00 PM.

19. Member
    some days I think about more but most days I don't lol. I have a 4 year old daughter and one year old boy. he is defiantly into everything way more than she was. lol

20. Member
    the older we get,the more kids we wish we would of had
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast