Replace bulb under Phoenix cut outs on trailer.

Can someone school me on how this assembly comes out for bulb replacement? What bulb does it take?

thanks

2. Banned
    Yeah, I need to know the same thing!

djd

3. Member
    Depends on the trailer age I think. Mines a 14 and it is basically an amber tail light assy. The newer ones are single bulb from what I'm told. I replaced one on mine with and led version, bought at NAPA.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

4. Scraps
    The bulb is back on the main frame of the trailer. No need to mess at all with the cutout. I think the little eyeball lens just pops out. Will have to splice into the wiring unfortunately.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    16 and up and maybe a few 15 have these like krindren mentioned
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Can someone school me on how this assembly comes out for bulb replacement? What bulb does it take?

thanks
    OK took a closer look. Mine is a sealed white plastic box assembly(orange lens) with a pin connector. It is inserted into a rubber gasket that folds over the back of the plastic box. Do I peel back the gasket folds and remove from the back? Replace as a whole part?

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    most have replaced those with either a 8 to 12" led strip. like a Bluewater or drill the 3/4" hole and put in the new style,
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    16 and up and maybe a few 15 have these like krindren mentioned
    I need to look at this further when I get back to the boat in a couple of days. When I was under there this morning I noticed there were three wires going into the stock assembly behind the Phoenix cut out. The one pictured above only has one wire.

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    these are usually white negative, just ground the White to the frame and connect the black to the brown from running lights or existing 12v +, the one in the picture has a white and black, you can get 10 for $10 on amazon in many colors,
    info@drewcraft.com

10. Member
    Ok guys, thanks for helping me focus. With a little digging I think I was able to find the original OEM lamp under the Phoenix cutout. Look at the customer pictures.

I am pretty sure it presses out of the rubber grommet from the back. Will need to check that in a couple of days.

SEE: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lig...cs/ST70AB.html

11. Member
    I wish my trailer had the logo cut out. I love the way it looks.

12. Member
    Ok guys, thanks for helping me focus. With a little digging I think I was able to find the original OEM lamp under the Phoenix cutout. Look at the customer pictures.

I am pretty sure it presses out of the rubber grommet from the back. Will need to check that in a couple of days.

SEE: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lig...cs/ST70AB.html
    You can get these and they will work. They also have the LED version for $18.00 and they will last longer and produce a brighter light. You can also use 12" strip LED lights in different colors (I used Green) and I also added a set under the frame rail to light-up the ground.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    You can get these and they will work. They also have the LED version for $18.00 and they will last longer and produce a brighter light. You can also use 12" strip LED lights in different colors (I used Green) and I also added a set under the frame rail to light-up the ground.
    thanks for the information. I am not looking for too much bling I just want to repair the side that's out and have it close to match the other side.

14. Member
    thanks for the information. I am not looking for too much bling I just want to repair the side that's out and have it close to match the other side.
    It is surprisingly inexpensive to put the LED strips on. I did both sides for a little more than the cost of a LED replacement light and you can get any color including amber. They are much brighter than the the standard marker lights.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades