Big Green Egg XL-talk me over the edge

Currently have a traeger which I would keep and an Oklahoma Joes the egg would replace. What do I need to know?

2. Banned
    Can't. ...I can say I've had el cheapos, webers, briquettes, gas, truck wheels with a grate. Never a pellet and never a 100% wood fire smoker. If I had the lumber supply I'd go stick....but I don't. But I do have 2 BGE's. I love mine and will never have to buy another one in my life. Warranty and receipts will go to my kids and they won't have to buy anything either. (Non transferable but if you have a copy of the sales ticket no questions asked along with ID #)...I cook on mine all the time. I have recently added a Flameboss 300 which makes it even easier than it was. It's a fun gadget to have and not needed. Added a custom grate also...I don't need to say how it cooks or talk about the cult following as you can easily find out...I love mine and so does everyone that eats the food from them.

20180315_155542-1200x2133.jpg

3. Member
    I have 2 eggs and love them. Personally I think the XL is too big, will use way too much charcoal for most cooks. You can cook a lot of food on a large.

4. Member
    I have a large BGE and cook on it an average of 4 days a week. It is very versatile...from searing to baking to grilling. I agree with Clif on his take also...I finally after many years of use will be going to my dealer to get my seals replaced under warranty...and also will be replacing the bottom grate as it has finally deteriorated...it will be covered under warranty as well. I have owned several brands of grills and smokers...this one will be the last I ever have to buy. Make the move..go over the edge!

Love my Lg BGE
    2002 Ranger 520 DVX / 2002 225hp Optimax