Tracker 195txw Tournament edition prop/hub question

Friend of mine just bought one of these. He is the second owner but the first owner never had the boat on the water. My question is he complained about a vibration when he first puts it into gear but it smooths out once running. I went for a ride with him last night and notice that there is excessive play in the prop/hub relationship. We pulled the prop and looked at the thrust washer and popped the rubber/composite hub from the prop and everything looks normal so we put it back together and went for a ride. It does shake the boat when first put into gear but not horrible and once any amount of throttle is given it is glass smooth and the boat ran very well. He has the 150 4 stroke and I believe the prop was a Tempest 23p. Is it normal for these hub kits to have play both side to side and for and aft? I have read where the 150 4s have a bit of a rougher idle speed but otherwise it was very nice. I was very impressed with this boat and I am excited to spend more time in it. He is still breaking in the motor so he didn't get after it too much but it seems like the boat is going to be a rocket.
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

2. Member
    I saw a post where someone was complaining about their Mercury 150 vibrating at idle.

Everybody said it was normal as it only runs on 2 cylinders at idle instead of 4.

3. Member
    I do not think it cuts back the cylinders but prop rattle is apparently common with 4 stoke motors with heavy props. 4 stoke versus 2 stroke and 4 cylinders instead of 6 means it gets fewer power strokes so the engine idles a touch inconsistent. So the prop is accelerated and pretty much maintains its speed and the engine slows down a little so the gears lossen up a little. Then the power stroke hits and the engine catches back up to the prop and then some. Back and forth. Mercury makes a special hub. Too torq iv to help. My tracker came with one but it is still noticeable. The tempest is worse than a high five fwiw. If I have the engine in gear with no throttle I get some rattle. If I touch the throttle just a hair it goes away.

4. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I will pass this along
    2017 Ranger 518 w/ Evinrude 150HO G2

5. Member
    I know this might sound odd but go with a yammy prop with a rubber hub. I have a new 150 4s with an m1 and no problems at all

6. Member
    My 2018 is doing the same thing. The vibration was there right off the bat and I knew the 4S would vibrate some down low. After 5or 6 Tripp’s out the prop now has about 1/8” movement in and out, but none side to side. Dealer says it’s normal. BTW, I love the boat.

7. Banned
    I have no vibration with the Black Max prop, but do with the X7.

8. Member
    Went out for 5 or 6 hours yesterday and the low RPM vibration in gear is much worse all of a sudden. After I loaded it up I felt the prop and now it has movement side to side. Taking it back to the dealer tomorrow, there seems to be some confusion about which hub it has, so he’s going to install the Torq Flo 4 in it. Claims that will take care of the vibration down low.
    2018 Tracker PT 195TXW Anniversary Edition, Mercury 150L.

9. #FRB
    My 75 vibrates in reverse until I gas it to snap the back end around. Does a little bit in forward but way worse in reverse. Glad to know this is normal. The stock Black Max prop wasn't bad. The stainless Powertech with rubber hub is way louder but smooth as butter once throttle is applied.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

10. Member
    Cwalsh, heard from the dealership today and wanted to pass along the update. They said after looking up the build info from Mercury that the wrong hub kit was installed from the beginning and it requires the Flo Torq 4 setup. Apparently they’re in the loop with tracker and claim that most likely all of the 150’s could have been sent out with the wrong hub. Might tell your buddy to get his replaced.
    2018 Tracker PT 195TXW Anniversary Edition, Mercury 150L.

11. Member
    I have a 2016 and it came with a 4 not a 2. I would think that this would be supplied by tracker but maybe the dealer installs the hub and prop?

12. Gray
    My Merc 150hp 4S does the same thing in idle. I asked the dealer and he said it was normal for that motor and boat. I don't even notice it any longer. With the slightest throttle, it goes away.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live