Banned

Buggs Island Bound

Haven't been on Buggs Island in several months. Planning to make the run up to Buggs soon after Mother's Day and looking for some lake conditions in the center portion of the lake.

2. Member
    Main lake has been stained pretty good the last couple of weeks but should be clearing now, lake level is almost back to normal pool around 300-301

3. Banned
    I really appreciate your info concerning the lake. I'll be heading up to Buggs next Friday. Thanks again.

4. Member
    We just had a BASS six man on Buggs this past weekend. Main lake and creeks past Island creek was very stained, almost muddy and some debris floating. Dawn lake towards dam was stained but still good visibility. Friday was good and caught fish 2.5 to 3 pound average size, on spinnerbaits and soft plastics( brush hogs and beavers) around bushes in pockets.They were pulling lots of water (probably dropped 1-2 feet over the weekend) out and it caused the fishing to shut down for us on tournament day. Saturday and Sunday had to back out of pockets to secondary points and points leading into pockets. Fished shad raps and shakey heads to catch 1.5 to 2 pound cookie cutters. Did get into some good stripers and had about 60 to 70 pounds in 7 casts in one spot of the main lake. Hope this helps, tight lines.

5. Member
    Yep, I also fished the 6 man and we went uplake to Bluestone creek. Didn't get to pre fish but caught 30 or more keepers ( 15") fish both days on crankbaits and shakey heads. Lost a good one on a jig but big fish were hard to find. We concentrated on rocky points and caught most fish there. Good luck

6. Banned
    I really thank you folks for the detail report of the lake. I realize things change in a short period but these reports do give me a starting point of some kind. Thanks again.