Rod Saver Tie Down Vs Power Pole Brackets

Nitro mounts the transom eye bolts to the side of the jack plate, at least on mine they are. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't for my Power Pole brackets, which are bolted to the side of the jack plate, making it darn hard to get the Rod Saver tie down hooks in and out of the bolts. I can usually get them in a lot easier but unhooking them is another story. Sometimes it takes an embarrassingly long time to get them released. I have found if pull up enough slack so they are upside down it is easier but still not easy to get them out. There is about 2 1/2 inches clearance between the Power Pole brackets and the transom. The hooks on Rod Saver are 2 1/8 inches wide. The eye bolt is pretty well centered between the transom and the bracket. Pretty tight.

Wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or has a solution. If the Rod Saver hooks weren't quite so big it would be easier but changing them is not possible or probably advisable. I may need to see if Boat Buckle hooks are any smaller.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

What jack plate do you have, mine is no issue?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    It's an 8" manual, Slide Master, I think. I just went out and checked and tried unhooking and re-hooking again to see if I'm doing something wrong. The PP bracket does sit above the eye bolt so I think I solved my own problem. I was trying to do them from above and it appears I need to being doing it from underneath the bracket. The hooks are still a bit of problem to get in from below because the eye bolt is a just a little too close to the transom but appears doable. Bottom line, still not easy but better coming from underneath the PP brackets. I should have thought of that first before posting this, but, oh well. I'll play my senior citizen card.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

4. Member
    Doing them from underneath is the best route. I have no issues doing it that way.

5. Member
    The 8” is a pain compared to the larger jacks... my passenger side one is a PITA to take off. Just have to get the right angle.. the 8” doesn’t have much of a gap from hook hole and Transom