Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Will check relay/ fuse

2. Member
    I had a similar problem after winter on my tail light and bought a new one. Installed a new tail light and it did not work and found out mice chewed up some wiring in the receiver coupler tube. My boat is also stored outside.

Like Catfan said, you blew the fuse for Trailer Tail light, and you most likely have a bare wire touching the trailer somewhere. The fuse is most likely in the fuse box under the hood, and marked something like Trlr Tail or Trlr Park. Don't know what your tow vehicle is, but here's an example on a Chevrolet Under Hood Box.

Attached Images Attached Images

4. Banned
    Tried using "trailer light tester" , got nothing . Seems like there is a blown fuse , with a bare wire somewhere . Thinking about re-wiring the whole trailer , to eliminate future headaches.

5. Banned
    Going to dealer for diagnostic check . I don't have time to play with it . Leave it to the pros. Then will rewire the trailer .

6. Banned
    Had dealer diagnose truck , did not find anything thing wrong . Rewired trailer , have brake lights , directionals . Still no marker lights . Rewired it as it was done previously. Getting aggravated .

7. Banned
    Number 1 son connect trailer directly to trailer , everything works . So , there must be a bad connection at the truck . Hmmm?

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marky1 View Post
    Number 1 son connect trailer directly to trailer , everything works . So , there must be a bad connection at the truck . Hmmm?
    I've read this three times and don't understand it.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

9. Banned
    I meant battery , sorry about the confusion

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I meant battery , sorry about the confusion
    That makes more sense! What tow vehicle? Factory trailer wiring or added? 7-pin adapter being used?
    nothing else matters.​

11. Banned
    2015 Nissan Frontier , dealer installed the harness . 4 flat

12. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    2015 Nissan Frontier , dealer installed the harness . 4 flat
    Check out this video https://www.etrailer.com/tv-install-...er-118266.aspx to see where things connect on your truck. If it has never worked, you may be missing a relay. If it worked and quit, something at the back or in the kick panel may have gotten loose.

Check your fuse boxes carefully. One is on the passenger side near the washer fluid bottle, a second larger one is right behind that one and the third is next to the glove box. Look carefully for any trailer fuse.
    nothing else matters.​

13. Banned
    As I mentioned earlier , dealer went through the truck , found nothing . After it was done , service writer gave me a wiring harness installation diagram . ????? . Like , what am I suppose to do with it ?

14. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    As I mentioned earlier , dealer went through the truck , found nothing . After it was done , service writer gave me a wiring harness installation diagram . ????? . Like , what am I suppose to do with it ?
    Well you know something is wrong and it's not the trailer, so they missed whatever it is.
    nothing else matters.​

15. Banned
    Went to dealer ,still cant find anything wrong . My son connected trailer to battery ,everything worked.Then connected to his Tundra , everything worked.
    Next step is going to try a new harness on truck .

16. Member
    so i am having an issue 2011 honda pilot, added the kit for the 7way. Funny honda put all the wiring in but this module and the plug out the back. long story short as soon as i plug in the trailer the module shorts or gets overloaded but it doesnt blow any of the fuses. Found some info that suggested either bad ground wiring etc, ordered the wiring kit from etrailer and they have been good support wise. they suggested i trouble shoot the trailer and possible replace lights with led. 98 Ranger Trail trailer so 8 side markers and two tail lights plus wiring so its going to be a 100 project.

thoughts on this path or any suggestions would be great.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

17. Member
    so i am having an issue 2011 honda pilot, added the kit for the 7way. Funny honda put all the wiring in but this module and the plug out the back. long story short as soon as i plug in the trailer the module shorts or gets overloaded but it doesnt blow any of the fuses. Found some info that suggested either bad ground wiring etc, ordered the wiring kit from etrailer and they have been good support wise. they suggested i trouble shoot the trailer and possible replace lights with led. 98 Ranger Trail trailer so 8 side markers and two tail lights plus wiring so its going to be a 100 project.

thoughts on this path or any suggestions would be great.

I suggest you hook your trailer to a friend's truck to see if it works properly. If not, fix or rewire the trailer until it works and then try it on your Honda.

18. Member
    yeah i had it hooked up to a buddies truck but not recently. They suggested that the trailer light system has some issue and that the trucks wiring was able to absorb this issue. Those why I am asking, further research has led me to the fact the module has a max 3amp for stop turn and 6 for tail lights. well pretty sure they are led so incandescent draw 2.5amp so any issue or cause for more than one light would cause the module to over load. Like they are setting you up for failure.

the tail and marker light all work when the the headlights are on. I certainly want to be safe on the road.
    98 Ra​nger R93
    00 Evinrude 175hp Ficht
    HB Helix 12 Mega DI G4N
    HB Helix 12 Mega SI G4N
    HB Helix 10 Mega SI G2N
    Mega 360
    Mega Live

19. Member
    LED's should draw less current than incandescent bulbs.

20. Banned
    Tried a friends trailer this evening , same as before , nothing . Going back to dealer with trailer ,try a new harnes at truck .,
    Last edited by Marky1; 06-13-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast