Garmin PS22 Transducer not switching modes problem

My set up 7612xsv ethernet connected to 2 7610xsv one of which is dedicated to PS22

for some reason the PS 22 is not switching from live VU forward to live Vu down when i click it into the down position im not getting liv Vu down option from the sonar menu and it just stays in liv Vu forward
    i have done many trouble shoots after speaking to 3 different garmin techs but still no results. I should say Liv Vu forward does work no problems just not switching to liv Vu down.

any ideas??

Mine would do the opposite and only show down not forward. Try restoring defaults.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

3. Member
    Check your software version. Sounds like you are not using the latest version.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Member
    hey thanks for your answers maybe i should of wrote what i have tried already.
    1. did a hard software reset and software is up to date
    2. i did restore default setting i also resorted to default layouts
    3. tried unplugging and plugging it back in the PS22
    4. only thing i havnt tried and im gonna try it tomorrow is after i did all these trouble shoots i havnt been back on the water so when i turn into the down position i havnt put the trolling motor back in the water.

It’s has to be in the water to work. You may need to do a default reset while the unit is in the water.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by tombrx View Post
    My set up 7612xsv ethernet connected to 2 7610xsv one of which is dedicated to PS22

for some reason the PS 22 is not switching from live VU forward to live Vu down when i click it into the down position im not getting liv Vu down option from the sonar menu and it just stays in liv Vu forward
    i have done many trouble shoots after speaking to 3 different garmin techs but still no results. I should say Liv Vu forward does work no problems just not switching to liv Vu down.

any ideas??
    Did you get this resolved?

The PS22 will only change modes once it is in the water and achieves digital depth lock and the transducer is oriented within a few degrees of down or forward. This is to prevent unwanted mode changes when stowing the trolling motor. Also, PS22 will not change modes if the AHRS sensor is disabled. We have found that some customers have disabled their AHRS for some reason and then think something is wrong with the unit when it won’t change modes.

Also note that mounting the PS22 on the trolling motor barrel will prevent the magnetic compass from calibrating/working. Magnetic fields from motor are too strong.
    Mounting PS22 on the trolling motor shaft allows the magnetic compass to calibrate and work properly, but it will impact performance in the down mode, depending on the trolling motor. The trolling motor barrel could partially block the narrower beam of the PS22, causing it to not work as well. To get best down and forward performance and also retain magnetic compass function, it might be best to install PS22 on a separate pole instead of the trolling motor.
    Garmin Pro Team

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Todd, talking about the AHRS being disabled and not working for the downvu portion, could one install the PS 22 on the shaft, calibrate it, display the AHRS and then move it down to the TM barrel and use it there for downvu??
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Maybe they could design a short extension to mount on the shaft so the beam clears the barrel.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Todd, talking about the AHRS being disabled and not working for the downvu portion, could one install the PS 22 on the shaft, calibrate it, display the AHRS and then move it down to the TM barrel and use it there for downvu??
    Note that the compass is only used for the mapping display of the orientation. So, it really isn't a deal breaker not being able to calibrate the compass as I see it. I don't ever worry about the compass. Calibrating the compass while mounted to the trolling motor is always going to be challenging, even on the shaft, and mounting to the barrel itself will likely make it impossible.
    Garmin Pro Team