Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Some relative good news last week on the motor, mechanic said that the integrity of the motor is solid and has good compression, so it will not require a rebuild. However, he is only getting spark on one side of the motor, still tracing said it could be ignition, brain box, or coil pack. Hope to know more later this week.

2. Member
    Well, the mechanic that had my boat had a series if serious health problems and I ended up having the boat transferred to another shop. Good news, it looks like it may only need 2 control boxes for it to be running. Boat could be done as early as the end of next week. From there, I am going to remount trolling motor and run it some or go directly into getting the hull wet sanded/polished. If I get the hull done, I will probably go ahead and get the carpet redone. As soon as I get it back, I will post some pics

3. Banned
    I love following these restore threads

4. Member
    Supposed to get my boat back tomorrow from the engine technician. They have everything fixed on the engine and running good, trying to get an appointment to get the hull wet sanded and polished. I will post some pics soon.....

5. Member
    Well, I got the boat back today and worked on it all day. The motor runs like a sewing machine and I cannot wait to take it out, but I am not going to chance it until I get the trolling motor mounted back on, just in case....

6. Member
    I have had the boat out three times and it runs great, awesome fishing platform. Prop is not right, but working on that. Just mounted a Terrova 80, I will try to post some pics...been buffing the gel with the 3M products....looks good, not great, but good enough for me...

7. Member
    Sweet! We need updated pics.

8. Member

Pic

I have tried to upload photos, but I am having trouble. I think the file is too large.I will figure out how to shrink them and get them posted..

9. Member

Ttt

Finally able to post a pic
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    Beautiful boat! I know you are proud of it. I have a 96 487 that needs a little tlc. You have inspired me to get it done!

11. Member

TTT

Added a Terrova 80 and two Elite 9 Ti2’s....she fishes well...
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by agg5910 View Post
    I finally got the fuel tanks cleaned, bought new sending units and installed the new fuel valve in the splash well.
    I realize this thread is a bit old but I have a question about the fuel selector valve in the splash well. I'm going to replace mine and was wondering what's the easiest method to get to the fuel line connections? Through the battery compartment? Or should I remove the black face from the valve itself (taking out the 2 screws that are under the selector indicator? I recently got this 89 Ranger 361V and its needing a few updates, one of which is replacing this selector valve. Just wanting to see how others might have done it.

13. Member
    Looks awesome, you’ve got it looking great!! Congratulations.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234