New SHO questions and video-neutral to forward

So the SHO is new to me coming from Mercs all my life and I am really enjoying it . I had a couple questions relating to these videos? The first video seems like normal operation shifting from neutral to forward. The second video seems like when i shift the second time its like a clutch on a car and letting it out slowly. I am throwing it in gear pretty forcefully as well, from which i was told your suppose to do. I am just not sure if this is normal or not on the second video. You can def hear and feel it running out. Any opinions or suggestions would be great. Thanks -Josh

Here is the first video

2nd video:

2. Member
    First off, it's good your wife is staying hydrated in the first video.

To me, I believe what you're hearing in the second video is more of a vibration resonance in the system when the prop gets spinning. Not a clutch shudder as you described it - although it does have a similar sound and feel in the boat I guess - just not the actual prop slipping like a clutch. Perhaps you are not actually suggesting that though - apologies.

I recently had a new SHO200 installed and an Atlas Hydraulic jack plate at the same time (originally a manual SlideMaster with my old SHO) and now hear similar sounds from the outboard when it's shifted into gear. I believe in my case it's possibly due to jack plate elevation? When I have the system jacked up high and shift into idle forward it makes that similar vibration resonance sound. When the plate is down all the way it doesn't do it (as much?). But I think I've noticed it a time or two without jack plate adjustments. Could be a slightly different idle RPM in the SHO that causes the vibration once put into gear. When the outboard and boat are running smooth the system is so quiet, but it's a little disconcerting when that vibration rears its head since it sounds/feels like something is not right.

3. Member
    My 250SHO has always done that.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1995 View Post
    First off, it's good your wife is staying hydrated in the first video.

To me, I believe what you're hearing in the second video is more of a vibration resonance in the system when the prop gets spinning. Not a clutch shudder as you described it - although it does have a similar sound and feel in the boat I guess - just not the actual prop slipping like a clutch. Perhaps you are not actually suggesting that though - apologies.

I recently had a new SHO200 installed and an Atlas Hydraulic jack plate at the same time (originally a manual SlideMaster with my old SHO) and now hear similar sounds from the outboard when it's shifted into gear. I believe in my case it's possibly due to jack plate elevation? When I have the system jacked up high and shift into idle forward it makes that similar vibration resonance sound. When the plate is down all the way it doesn't do it (as much?). But I think I've noticed it a time or two without jack plate adjustments. Could be a slightly different idle RPM in the SHO that causes the vibration once put into gear. When the outboard and boat are running smooth the system is so quiet, but it's a little disconcerting when that vibration rears its head since it sounds/feels like something is not right.
    She actually caught more fish than me! LOL -Thanks for the input, i was more or less worried that something was wrong. Vibration resonance in the system is a better term. I will mess with the hydraulic jack plate and maybe see where its comfort zone is.

5. Member
    Mine does it..

Normal vibration

6. Member
    Mine always makes that sound
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

7. Member
    It could be because your shifting in and out pretty quick and the prop is still spinning pretty good when you shift back to forward that it rattles the clutch a little.

8. Member
    Normal.