Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    It is interesting that charger isn't a white river brand but is taking over some of the legend stuff.
    Like what? Sponsorship of a tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Treker47 View Post
    Anyone know if any of the main people from Legend is headed to Charger?
    Heard that Charger was going to add staff, but that'd be a hell of a commute from Mountain Home to Richland, MO

2. Member
    Charger uses the old champion molds. Although I was told from a dealer that going from a legend to a charger I wouldn't be happy

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Charger splashed Champion hulls for the 210 & 198, they didn't get the old hulls. Speculation was that Fishing Holdings destroyed them when Champion was shut down in 2011. My opinion is that Charger wouldn't be building them at all if it weren't for Kelly Power, owner of Ulrich Marine. He was a Champion employee for 30 years. Don't forget that Legend came from Hawk which was designed by John Storie, early owner of Champion. So there is a lot of Champion in the pad and rear chine area of the Legend hull. His non-compete would not permit him to design another deep V hull, so he splashed Ranger 400 series and made his modifications to come up with Cobra which later evolved into Hawk

4. Banned
    Some believe Randy Hopper still has the old Champ molds, he was in charge of them when they were supposedly destroyed and thats actually what the new 20' Vexus boats will be. Basscat had a hybrid champ hull in R&D also and even built a boat but I don't think they are going forward and putting it into production. I've looked the chargers over closely and they are a nice boat but still not the fine detail quality legends had.

5. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Story has it there was bad blood between John Storie and Forrest Wood back in the day. And it's been speculation that it is the reason that Champion was shut down rather than Stratos when Randy got his hands on them. Under Irwin Jacobs at Genmar, Champion was pulled from him and given its own president (Don Wood) who reported directly to Irwin. I'd find it really doubtful that a Champion hull would be basis for Vexus. Could be wrong though ... stranger things have happened. Ranger did take one of the Champ bay boats and rebadge it as a Ranger. Think it was the 24 Bay Champ, but not for sure.

BCB is still tinkering with the Hybrid. It won't leave the plant until it's ready in Ricks eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    Some believe Randy Hopper still has the old Champ molds, he was in charge of them when they were supposedly destroyed and thats actually what the new 20' Vexus boats will be. Basscat had a hybrid champ hull in R&D also and even built a boat but I don't think they are going forward and putting it into production. I've looked the chargers over closely and they are a nice boat but still not the fine detail quality legends had.

The bad blood was between Storie and Hopper. Not FW. FW is about as good as they come.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Story has it there was bad blood between John Storie and Forrest Wood back in the day. And it's been speculation that it is the reason that Champion was shut down rather than Stratos when Randy got his hands on them. Under Irwin Jacobs at Genmar, Champion was pulled from him and given its own president (Don Wood) who reported directly to Irwin. I'd find it really doubtful that a Champion hull would be basis for Vexus. Could be wrong though ... stranger things have happened. Ranger did take one of the Champ bay boats and rebadge it as a Ranger. Think it was the 24 Bay Champ, but not for sure.

8. Member
    Hey Guys, I know this is getting off beat from where the tournament is taking place. Last time I had gone it was in Texas. The guys fixed quite a few issues with my 2004 LE-21. But now for the question at hand....what gph pumps do the legends after 2004 have for the livewell??? I wanted to run 1000 but was told only 800 will run perfect. The water still doesn't come through as with a kitchen sink. Could the nozzle in the livewell have clogged from over the years????

2005 Legend LE-21
    2015 Mercury PRO XS 250
    Hummingbird 1198 SI 998 SI
    Helix 12 DI/GPS Chirp
    Hummingbird 360
    MinnKota 112
    Hydrowave
    MinnKota Talon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12