ALX CUSTOM ROD FOR YOUR SPECIAL NEEDS

Just took delivery of my new ALX custom rod.
    Had several special techniques I use that calls for a long cast light braid line and long leader very lite weight lures such light shaky head, spybaits ,ned rigs, 1/8 oz jig, weightless worms ect.That most anglers use a spinning reel for. Since I hate using spinning reels (every time I get to catching fish they seem to bird nest and I end up spending lots of wasted time untangling or re-spooling line) so I wanted a bait-casting rig but could not find the rod that I needed in any thing except spinning rods. Was using a BPS Crappie rod made for spinning reel with my bait caster on it, which seemed to work ok but of course just did not match up and the rod was a noodle with very little back bone.
    Alex and I shared Ideas and came up with a 7'6" medium heavy light with a fast action blank casting rod. I have a new Ts-rinoya xf-50R shallow spool reel. Its a small bait reel that's about the size of a PIXY. The reel is about 1/4th the cost has 6.6to 1 gears and 10 bearing made to cast light lures.
    ALX custom built the rod and shipped it and as 3 other ALX CUSTOM rods they have built for me in the past this is no exception. Its a thing of beauty, matched what I needed and balanced out great. I can't wait to get hooked up and fight the 1st fish on it.
    THANKS AGAIN ALEX AND THE CREW AT ALX RODS
    Last edited by Frank A; 05-08-2018 at 11:37 PM.

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

2. Member
    I have two ALX customs on the "Deputy" and "Dragger" blanks. They're easily two of my favorite rods. Alex is great to deal with and has a great product.

I have a prototype rod from Alex but not a custom. I enjoy his Zolo's to much.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    I have a prototype rod from Alex but not a custom. I enjoy his Zolo's to much.
    You can’t leave that hanging out there, spill it!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
    Just took delivery of my new ALX custom rod.
    Had several special techniques I use that calls for a long cast light braid line and long leader very lite weight lures such light shaky head, spybaits ,ned rigs, 1/8 oz jig, weightless worms ect.That most anglers use a spinning reel for. Since I hate using spinning reels (every time I get to catching fish they seem to bird nest and I end up spending lots of wasted time untangling or re-spooling line) so I wanted a bait-casting rig but could not find the rod that I needed in any thing except spinning rods. Was using a BPS Crappie rod made for spinning reel with my bait caster on it, which seemed to work ok but of course just did not match up and the rod was a noodle with very little back bone.
    Alex and I shared Ideas and came up with a 7'6" medium heavy light with a fast action blank casting rod. I have a new Ts-rinoya xf-50R shallow spool reel. Its a small bait reel that's about the size of a PIXY. The reel is about 1/4th the cost has 6.6to 1 gears and 10 bearing made to cast light lures.
    ALX custom built the rod and shipped it and as 3 other ALX CUSTOM rods they have built for me in the past this is no exception. Its a thing of beauty, matched what I needed and balanced out great. I can't wait to get hooked up and fight the 1st fish on it.
    THANKS AGAIN ALEX AND THE CREW AT ALX RODS
    hows that little Tsurinoya reel? Tempting at $55.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Ive been a chronarch and revo guy long time,,,, I have to say Ive been I impressed Time will be the reel test. I can cast a slider grub on a plan hook 55 feet using 15 lb braid and not back lash with my thumb off the spool the extras like light shallow spool, 10 bearing, over size carbon handle easy removable slide plate give simple disassemble. of cleaning AND A 6TH THE PRICE OF REELS WITH SAME SPECS... Only down fall was the long wait for it to arrive almost a month...gave truth to the old saying "SLOW BOAT FROM CHINA" but saier paid express shipping too.....TIME WILL TELL!
    these are the people I purchase the reel thru
    https://bluesea.aliexpress.com/store.../2206107.html#!
    very good to work with.
    Last edited by Frank A; 05-10-2018 at 09:36 PM.

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

7. Member
    Ive been a chronarch and revo guy long time,,,, I have to say Ive been I impressed Time will be the reel test. I can cast a slider grub on a plan hook 55 feet using 15 lb braid and not back lash with my thumb off the spool the extras like light shallow spool, 10 bearing, over size carbon handle easy removable slide plate give simple disassemble. of cleaning AND A 6TH THE PRICE OF REELS WITH SAME SPECS... Only down fall was the long wait for it to arrive almost a month...gave truth to the old saying "SLOW BOAT FROM CHINA" but saier paid express shipping too.....TIME WILL TELL!
    You convinced me, I ordered one. Going to try to set up as close to an ultra light casting rig as I can.

I have an Alphas R Edition, if it casts light baits as well as the Alphas it’ll be a winner.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
    You convinced me, I ordered one. Going to try to set up as close to an ultra light casting rig as I can.

I have an Alphas R Edition, if it casts light baits as well as the Alphas it’ll be a winner.
    Be sure to get back with your opinion once you get to use it.

now get up with Alex and ask him to make you a Franks special you can get it in 7 ' or 7'6" think you will have a very useful rig the rod is not a buggy whip like most ultralights and is not intended to be, It is a finesse bait caster rod I promise after using it you will pick it up before your best spinning outfit.
    Last edited by Frank A; 05-10-2018 at 09:26 PM.

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac78 View Post
    You can’t leave that hanging out there, spill it!!
    It's the Skipper rod. I had one built before they went into production. I own several skipping rods from different builders and I can honestly say if I brake it tomorrow I'd be on the phone buying another.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by larryhyco View Post
    It's the Skipper rod. I had one built before they went into production. I own several skipping rods from different builders and I can honestly say if I brake it tomorrow I'd be on the phone buying another.
    Rodger that, I was thinking maybe you were trying out a rod that hasn’t been released yet ha! I haven’t had a chance to use my Skipper yet but I’m so looking forward to it.

12. Member
    now get up with Alex and ask him to make you a Franks special you can get it in 7 ' or 7'6" think you will have a very useful rig the rod is not a buggy whip like most ultralights and is not intended to be, It is a finesse bait caster rod I promise after using it you will pick it up before your best spinning outfit.
    one thing at a time <G>. I already have about 10x more rods than I can use. I have a little Okuma crappie rod that I’m planning on trying the little Chinese reel on. Have a couple of other possibilities too.

Light to Medium light rods are my sweet spot. I can’t stand these stiff as a pool cue rods.

My idea is to someday get get rid of all this clutter and consolidate down to about 3 or 4 casting rigs and 2or 3spinning rigs.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

Last edited by JohnD.; 05-11-2018 at 08:57 AM.

did u receive my IM, Warhawk?

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX