Thread: My new 210

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

My new 210

So I've had it out on 4 different occasions and have the following items I've noticed:

1. Will probably be a super fast boat once I figure out how to keep it balanced on the pad.
    2. This boat may say Charger on, it but it is a Champion thru and thru.
    3. The livewells are huge. I mean deep! I can hardly find fish in it as it has its own thermocline
    4. I miss the underseat storage, a lot.
    5. The glove box is so big as to be next to useless. Put 4 things it and loose 3
    6. The rear storage boxes could use pistons to keep them off the deck lights.
    7. I don't use the center storage for rods. I use it for tackle bags and boxes and have to unload the rods to get to them. Easier to put the rods on the side boxes and keep the center easier to access.
    8. The lid for the cooler needs to be re-disigned so it will fully open. My hinge is already tearing the screws out.
    9. The heated seats get a lot of compliments from my partner's.
    10. I'm glad I upgraded to the Ultrex. While an accessory, on the boat, I flat love it.
    11. Lastly, I miss the wet well. As my prostrate is the size of an apple, I have to stand on the jackplate to pee. The boat is an off white but that don't really help hiding mistakes.

If you fellows are on the fence about a new boat, I'd certainly look one of these over. You could do a whole lot worse, but hardly any better than a 210.

Jim

See you on the water.
    I got nothin

2. Member
    Good honest review Jim.

3. Banned
    So would you swap even for a 496 if given the option?

It would be a real hard decision. I like the layout of the 210 but am still organizing my tackle, which is a hassle. Short answer, no. To many unavailable options for the 496 over the 210.
    I got nothin

5. Banned
    I haven’t seen a new 210 in person, so I’m not sure how they re-did the center compartment; but the only thing I would really like to change on my 198 is the fuel tank location. I really wish it was farther back and I had under seat storage.

I’m not too sure about these center rod box holder/bait holder combos, seems like it would be a pita.

6. Member
    Jim did you talk to the dealer/Charger about the cooler issue?

7. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Nice review, Jim
    I don't have an issues with my center rod compartment. I put the ones I know Im using there, and pull them out first thing. Then there never in the way.

Good Luck and Enjoy..

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Good report, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I haven’t seen a new 210 in person, so I’m not sure how they re-did the center compartment; but the only thing I would really like to change on my 198 is the fuel tank location. I really wish it was farther back and I had under seat storage.

I’m not too sure about these center rod box holder/bait holder combos, seems like it would be a pita.
    I think all they did was add the rod rack to the center compartment. On my Champ 210, it is long & deep (huge!) I carry a LOT of tackle (even a bag dedicated to crappie) and I haven't filled mine up. Between the center storage and the rear compartments, I have plenty. In fact the starboard storage only has my throwable in it. If I have a co, he has that one for his tackle bag.

As far as the tank location, I think it might run a little faster and be a little more stable coming off plane with a rear tank, but I sure like the room in the battery compartment. I've got 3 batteries, 2 Power Pole pumps, Pro Mariner Pro Tournament 300 charger and oil tank. Still got room for another battery or two. Only thing I wish I had is the pump access that Charger did.

10. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    The fuel tank location is pretty much the only thing I would change about my 198. I liked being able to see the fuel level in my 187. I don't trust this gas gauge, and when we realized boat would be sitting for awhile (eyes), when draining the tank, it only got 11 gals out. From the day I bought it, I had carefully written down how many gals I pumped in, and used the Merc Monitor figures on fuel used. My figures said I should have still had over 25 gallons to drain out.

I'm positive my Marine Man (Lee Sanderson ) knows how to drain the tank, so it's a mystery to me. Being able to actually see the fuel level is a BIG plus for me.

Other than that, I absolutely LOVE my 198!

11. Banned
    Jim, you could find those fish in the livewell if they were bigger than minnows.

12. Member
    I think Jim's son pulled 5 sweat shirts out of the glove box the weekend we were together! THE GLOVE BOX!!! It could almost use an shallow insert to separate small items.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    I think Jim's son pulled 5 sweat shirts out of the glove box the weekend we were together! THE GLOVE BOX!!! It could almost use an shallow insert to separate small items.

Maybe Jims bass are hiding in the glovebox?

Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    Jim did you talk to the dealer/Charger about the cooler issue?
    I did. Not much in the way of a fix as of now. If the lid opened the other way that would help, but it might tip going to the front deck. I might order another lid, without carpet, and do a little reverse engineering myself. Can't hurt.

The glove box needs, at minuimum, a light. That and a hatch on the front of the console for access from the deck side.
    I got nothin

Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Legend View Post
    Nice review, Jim
    I don't have an issues with my center rod compartment. I put the ones I know Im using there, and pull them out first thing. Then there never in the way.
    I tried that, but, spinning rods are a problem and I usually have 6 rods on the deck all the time. I'm not much of a fisherman, but I put on a good show.
    I got nothin

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Jim, you could find those fish in the livewell if they were bigger than minnows.
    That is un-called for, you know there ain't any bass smaller than 4lbs in Missouri. Heck their born 2lbs.
    I got nothin

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dunn View Post
    That is un-called for, you know there ain't any bass smaller than 4lbs in Missouri. Heck their born 2lbs.
    Dang! I’m moving to Missouri!

Great review Jim I agree with you each time out I get a little faster best so far 73.9 ,cooler lid sucks and glove box is huge don't know what to use it for I really like the center glove box

19. Member
    I was in another brand boat last weekend and it's cooler lid was the same way. You have to hold it open to get stuff in and out.

20. Banned
    Someone post a picture of the cooler lid, I’d like to see what they did differently with it.

nevermind I found one. Yep I can see the problem, our Champs fold up and stay up. I think
    Jim might be on to something with flipping the lid backwards.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by grout-scout; 05-09-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast