Marinco 12/24 plug and receptacle?

I have this set up at the bow for my trolling motor. I want to eliminate the plug and receptacle. Is there a replacement receptacle that will hold/clamp the trolling motor wire as it passes through the same hole?

Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

2. Member
    I don't know of a clamshell that big. My suggestion is to drill a smaller hole to the right of the switches, run the power wire through it and connect to the wiring on the back of the plug using the plug as a junction strip. Then use a clamshell to cover the hole where you ran the wire through. This will leave the plug receptacle in operation incase you ever had to change trolling motors "on the fly".
    clamshell:
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

3. Member
    I would hardwire it exactly the way John suggests above. I would have some concern about water intrusion through the four openings in the exposed receptacle on the panel, so, I would simply plug them up with some flexible marine silicone. The silicone would be easily removable if you had to use it again in the future. Or, perhaps Marinco makes some type of cap to fit it. If you have a MK digital motor, be sure that you have some type of battery cut off at the back so you can disconnect while charging.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

4. Member
    John/Joel, some good ideas. I like using the plug as a junction strip, and will have to change the 50amp breaker to a 50amp manual breaker.

Still open to finding a replacement for the receptacle.
    Ed R.

5. Member
    Are you looking to replace the whole receptacle with a new receptacle or hard wire your motor. If you are looking for a new receptacle and plug I would look at the one made by Battery Tender. I have one on my boat and really like it a lot. Not sure if it will cover your existing hole though.

6. Member
    I am looking to remove the existing receptacle & plug, then hard wire the TM. I want a new receptacle that will bolt into the same existing footprint, is blank, or has a small hole that the TM wire can pass through and clamp in place.
    Ed R.

7. Member
    Pull out the existing receptacle, make a plate with a hole in it that will accept a grommet of the correct size for your wire, them bolt it all together using your existing holes.