Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Fort Worth TX
    Posts
    37

    Legend Livewell Valve

    Has anybody changed one on Alpha 211?
    doesnt look like a fun job..
    Mine no longer switches into the Recirc position
    does seem to hold water in auto not sure if that is good enough to suffice?
    there was an old thread on here but did not want to bring it back to life lol

  2.  
  3. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    156
    #2
    It is the flapper. They quit using the remote in the livewell as every boat with them has the same problem eventually. If you want to resolve the issue, just plug the livewell. If you want to fix what you have, just get clean out the switch and put another rubber flapper insert in it. Takes about 5mins and you can order the flappers off amazon.

  4. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Fort Worth TX
    Posts
    37
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc View Post
    It is the flapper. They quit using the remote in the livewell as every boat with them has the same problem eventually. If you want to resolve the issue, just plug the livewell. If you want to fix what you have, just get clean out the switch and put another rubber flapper insert in it. Takes about 5mins and you can order the flappers off amazon.
    What did they replace it with on newer boats?

  5. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    156
    #4
    Old fashioned drain plugs

  6. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Goldsboro, NC
    Posts
    948
    #5
    Yep every boat I know of has broken the plastic switch at some point. I've always hated them. At least someone had the sense to stop installing them.

  7. Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    3,469
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mrc View Post
    Old fashioned drain plugs
    All the new boats I see still have the flow-rite selector, Nitro, Skeeter, Legend they all still use the switch.

  8. 2018 Legend V20 Cpt. Morgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    468
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by waco oso View Post
    All the new boats I see still have the flow-rite selector, Nitro, Skeeter, Legend they all still use the switch.
    My 2018 has an old fashioned drain plug. No switch.
    @captainmorganlegend

  9. Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Braunfels, TX
    Posts
    3,469
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Morgan View Post
    My 2018 has an old fashioned drain plug. No switch.
    Pics?

  10. Legend Boats Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Winnfield
    Posts
    1,021
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Morgan View Post
    My 2018 has an old fashioned drain plug. No switch.
    same for my 2016

  11. Member thedude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Lowell, MI
    Posts
    1,141
    #10
    Fixing the valve is easy. Getting the valve out of the boat is the hard part.

  12. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Lake Charles, LA
    Posts
    281
    #11
    I just changed mine out on my 211r, I had to pull the gas tank to get to it. Not a fun job

  13. Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Smiths, Ala
    Posts
    504
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by La Boy View Post
    I just changed mine out on my 211r, I had to pull the gas tank to get to it. Not a fun job
    I'm glad my tank is in the back on my 2004, but tends to get in the way when working the bilge area. Always have to remove it. My flow rite is still working fine with the exception of a few broken bilge housings....



    2005 Legend LE-21
    2015 Mercury PRO XS 250
    Hummingbird 1198 SI 998 SI
    Helix 12 DI/GPS Chirp
    Hummingbird 360
    MinnKota 112
    Hydrowave
    MinnKota Talon

  14. Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    200
    #13
    Drain plug on my 2016 as well. no valve.

  15. Member Legend Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Copperas Cove, Texas
    Posts
    14,078
    #14
    Is this the kind you have? May not be a bad idea to just replace, fairly cheap.
    https://flow-rite.com/products/marine/aerators/ma-024-r
    formerly 'Triton Chris'
    2015 Legend V20
    2015 250 ProXS
    BBC Member since 2003