What Point Do Bonds Look Good

I have a good amount of cash sitting in a money market and waiting for short term rates to climb a bit more. Was looking at some short term investment grade bond mutual funds to keep some of the cash but with three more hikes projected I'm going to wait a bit longer. If we hit 4% on short term investment grade yields then it starts looking tempting. Anyone been thinking about pulling the trigger?

3. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The wife and I are in our 30's so no bonds for us anytime soon. Now in 20 years, I will start looking, but I still need to learn the ins and outs of bonds and bond funds.
    Knowledge is the Kryptonite of Liberalism

IMO, you should be looking at something along the lines of a Vanguard Target Date fund.
    Keeps you from being worried about balance, timing, etc. Just invest and rest.
    The funds are actively managed and perform very well. Fidelity has a few good choices too.
    I'm a big believer in a 'hands off' approach to investment, leave it to the pros.
    Of course, you'll want to ensure the rest of your asset base is well diversified as well.
    "Don't get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life." - Dolly Parton