Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone hit newfound yet?

Just curious as I have a tourney there saturday. Is the water even in the mid 50's yet. I found that bow lake had only raised 3 degrees since last Sunday. I found this strange due to the warm stretch we had last week. Either way I suck in cold water so I don't have great expectations for saturday.... Just wondering how pathetic I am really going to be.

2. Member
    I haven't been yet, but the water is warming up pretty fast from what I see on the webcam site I check, and they also monitor the water temp. The steady/holding temp is now up to about 45 degrees, up from 40 a week ago, so that's pretty good progress. It hit a new day time high of 49 degrees today.

3. Member
    Yikes... Maybe I should bring my trout gear with me......

Webster had ice two weeks ago, 60 today and I can see Bass making beds from my porch!
    2012 Ranger Z119 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    Newfound topped out at 58 today. Started the day at 48. It was 40 just a week ago. Warming up wicked fast. Think I'm going to end up missing the prespawn for the first time in years due to the new job, too busy for the rest of the month for me to miss a day.

6. Member
    Well that is encouraging news. I would like to see 60 + but I am not going to complain. Hopefully some fish have moved shallow. Last tourney I was jigging ice fishing jigs in 35 ft just to catch fish....

7. Member
    So had my tourney today. Water was 47 when we started and made it to 55 when we left. Fish are cruising but not in full spawn mode yet. A few weeks and it should be utter chaos....

45 Sunday am. Bigguns cruisin, but not super active...should pop in next few days...

9. Member
    I fished there yesterday saw temps from 52-55. I didn't see any fish on beds, lots of cruisers.

First time out this year, was hoping for a little better outcome, only got a couple in a few hours.

10. Moderator
    Was there also yesterday. Between the 2 of us our best 5 were 16lbs. Biggest was 4.45lbs. Was a fun day.

11. Member
    Obviously I was doing something wrong! :-)

12. Moderator
    Did a lot of moving around. Saw a lot of cruisers but nothing big.

13. Member
    Anyone make it over to Merrymeeting yet? Any idea on water temps.
    5 Short of a limit

14. Member
    Newfound prespawn bite should be lights out this week. Water was 51 to start the day today. Should be 52-53 still by tomorrow morning.Cool rainy weather tomorrow will probably keep it there for the day, but with the weather on tap for the rest of the week? I just hope there's some wind...

15. Moderator
    Merrymeeting was 56* Saturday.

Got out today for about 4 hours. Only got 4, with best just under 4lbs. Ran into Pete. He said he got a bunch on a spinnerbait.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    Got out today for about 4 hours. Only got 4, with best just under 4lbs. Ran into Pete. He said he got a bunch on a spinnerbait.
    Yessssss! That's exactly why I love going up there this time of the year, they'll be chomping on moving baits. One of the few times of the year I hope it's windy when I go out on the bigger lakes.

Goddamn sideways picture....

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chefdlh1972 View Post
    Yeah, Good seeing you.. Yeah late afternoon, they started chewing the Rocky Ledge spinnerbaits on the windy banks.. Such a fun bite..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast