Thread: Trailer Bunk

Trailer Bunk

I just purchased an 2003 HP180 and the bunk board don't look correct.

Does anyone have the same model and year that could the the bunk board lengths and the distance from end of bank to like bracket?

Example to 2 outer ones are about 2" sticking out from the rear of the boat.

2. Member
    Two inches sticking out sounds OK. Is your issue with how far forward should the bunk be? Sorry, I don't have an 18.

As long as you are messing around with your bunks, you may want to consider capping them with PVC Gutter Downspouts. I put the caps on both of my tinnys. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewt...137&hilit=bunk

Should be good, I have the 2002 HP180. I made my bunks a few inches longer when I redid them. We could text pictures back and forth if you wish.
    G3 HP180
    Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by richg99 View Post
    Two inches sticking out sounds OK. Is your issue with how far forward should the bunk be? Sorry, I don't have an 18.

As long as you are messing around with your bunks, you may want to consider capping them with PVC Gutter Downspouts. I put the caps on both of my tinnys. https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewt...137&hilit=bunk
    ^^ This ^^
    I've done this also, courtesy of richg99, loving it. Thanks Rich!
    Leaving a couple inches out the back is fine. It benefited me, when I added a side imaging transducer, I needed the boat farther back. Loosened the bolts on the winch stand, slid it to where I needed it, all's well now.
    You never how something like that can help you later.