LT tires for trailer

So I am moving up to a 15 inch tire for the tandem trailer. It is an 18 foot boat. I have a new set of LT tires from a truck and the wheel pattern is same as the ones on the trailer and thinking about using them on the trailer. I have heard it said that the side walls are different on truck tires than trailer tires but I see more pressure put on them from the truck than a trailer.
    Anyone on here use LT tires on their trailer with success. It seems that I read a lot on here of tread separation on trailer tires than I read of problems with the LTs. Anyway, what is the general thought on going with LT tires for the trailer.
    Thanks for your input

2. Member
    Tires are fine, likely better quality than ST. If the offset is correct the wheels will be Ok.

3. Member
    Did it and still am changing out all my 10 ply st's to LT as I can afford it. As long as they fit it gets done. Cj
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    I would check with and go with the tire manufacture on what their LT tires application are made for. You will get opinions here and most like myself have no engineering experience when it applies to the construction and proper application of trailer tires. You the consumer assumes the ultimate responsibility and liability of pulling a boat trailer down the highway. Just my two cents worth stick with a ST rated tire. There are choices besides Chinese made ST trailer tires.

Depends on which LT. I went with the Khumo LT. Less then 1500 miles the belts separated. First one tire ( replaced) 2 weeks later another tire ( replaced) a month later, another tire ( switched brands) took the 4th tire off and replaced it with the same brand as the third tire.