Ladder screws stripped out on transom

Any good way to fix the screws that hold the ladder at the transom? Mine are loose and appear to be stripped.

I dont know if you can gain access to the inside, but through-bolting might be an option, or at least going bigger/longer. I would look very carefully for rotten wood. This is a telltale sign of water intrusion.

3. Member
    There has been some water intrusion but it appears to be isolated in that specific area. The transom is inset from the back in such a way that it will take a lot of water to cause issues. I've sealed up the area well and have looked in to long bolts to run through but there is a lot of foam that would have to be dug out.

4. Member
    Dig the foam out, reinforce the the hidden/inside part of the transom where the ladder is and reattach with larger bolts (with washers on the inside). Use marine grade caulking when you put the new bolts in to help seal the holes. Then put some new foam in. You can purchase the flotation foam. Just google it.
    - Rods & Reels are like women. The more expensive they are the lighter they are ... the cheaper they are the heavier they are. -

5. Member
    I would use 3m 5200 adhesive sealant in the holes where the bolts/screws go, also where the plate is on the ladder where it contacts the transom. Used the 3m on my old Lund with no issues. Strong bond.
    dvl2700