Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wackyjig View Post
    The merc has to be released and compete with the sho first.
    True. We will see what happens on the 18th. I keep hearing rumors that make me think merc is about to take a giant leap forward. But, they are just rumors at this point.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by franktank009 View Post
    It doesn't... Not everything made is for bass boats? Yamaha has the 250SHO, it should still be a pretty strong contender for the merc 4 strokes.
    Offshore motor.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    No you didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lol, I have nothing agains evirude except that they are stuck with a 2 stroke only. Congrats on a good finish in bfl at Jordan.

Looks like an off shore model with a motor that is bigger than whats in my truck. may lead to something down the road for bass motor. SHO is due for an update at the very least.

4. Member
    V8
    2004 Stratos 201 Pro Xl
    250 HPDI Yamaha

5. Member
    Prairieville, Louisiana / Zolfo Springs, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Lol, I have nothing agains evirude except that they are stuck with a 2 stroke only. Congrats on a good finish in bfl at Jordan.

Looks like an off shore model with a motor that is bigger than whats in my truck. may lead to something down the road for bass motor. SHO is due for an update at the very least.
    By todays standards the SHO is the OLD Kid on the block.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spider1 View Post
    By todays standards the SHO is the OLD Kid on the block.
    It is now that the 20 year old pro xs is finally dead.

7. Banned
    [QUOTE=Rich Z;9356108]Lol, I have nothing agains evirude except that they are stuck with a 2 stroke only. Congrats on a good finish in bfl at Jordan.

I think you know my feeling about the Evinrude. I have bought my first and last one of those things.

As for the BFL Thanks I sure would have like to won that one. I had 3 different fish come off that if I would have caught any one of them I win by a huge margin. I just could not keep the big ones buttoned up. I had a 6 pounder wrapped up in a bush and got over it with the boat and actually touched the fish 5 or 6 times but couldn't get my hand in its mouth to pick it up. There was to much brush in the water to get a net down to it. I also had another 5 pounder that I tried to boat flip in the boat and pulled the hook out when I lifted it up and it hit the gunwhale on the boat and feel back in the water. Crazy day but that is the way is goes. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.

8. Banned
    My execution was horrible also. I was surprised to get a check.

9. Member
    Last edited by kungfu37; 05-17-2018 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added picture
    2017 921proxp 250 SHO

10. Banned
    Hope to see that motor bracket on the sho someday.

11. Member
    MSRP for the 425 depending on model around 50K, does anyone else think that amount of money for an outboard motor is ridiculous? When I think about what high performance cars or motorcycles loaded with technology can be purchased for that type of cash it seems like the outboard manufacturers are way over charging for motors.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mknj671 View Post
    MSRP for the 425 depending on model around 50K, does anyone else think that amount of money for an outboard motor is ridiculous? When I think about what high performance cars or motorcycles loaded with technology can be purchased for that type of cash it seems like the outboard manufacturers are way over charging for motors.
    That is the list price. Street price to the boat builders should be much less. They get discounts based on quantities.

1, 2 (or more) thousand pound motors, even at $50K each, equates to but a small piece of the bigger package. A $300/$400/$500/$??? thousand dollar boat. Chump change to the mans multi-million dollar turbo-prop or jet airplane.

I am going to be surprised if and when the new F425 gets purchased for a repower. I suspect it will be sold mostly to boat builders for new boats.

13. Member
    [QUOTE=Jamie;9357906]

I think you know my feeling about the Evinrude. I have bought my first and last one of those things.
    Would you share those feeling please for those us that don't know?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mknj671 View Post
    A small Pratt and Whitney PT6 500 HP or so gas turbine motor retails in excess of $500,000.00. Propeller not included. Propeller alone will probably be over $100K.

After looking at aircraft prices it makes it seem that they are giving away outboard motors.

15. Banned
    When the 4.2L sho came out you could buy one for around 17k. You can do your own math but if you add 2 more cylinders to the 4.2L it equals to 5.6L. Max hp for 4.2L is 300hp. There is no way this V8 motor will cost close to 50k for additional 125hp and a new motor bracket.

16. Member
    When the 4.2L sho came out you could buy one for around 17k. You can do your own math but if you add 2 more cylinders to the 4.2L it equals to 5.6L. Max hp for 4.2L is 300hp. There is no way this V8 motor will cost close to 50k for additional 125hp and a new motor bracket.
    Especially since the 400R verado is less than $30,000.

17. Member
    My brother-in-law's first cousin's husband's dentist said that their chiropractor's nephew said that he heard it from a Yamaha rep that they are abandoning their four stroke lines and switching everything back to 2-strokes with a surprising new 5.6L (566hp) air-cooled, hybrid 3-stroke!

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by High Tide View Post
    My brother-in-law's first cousin's husband's dentist said that their chiropractor's nephew said that he heard it from a Yamaha rep that they are abandoning their four stroke lines and switching everything back to 2-strokes with a surprising new 5.6L (566hp) air-cooled, hybrid 3-stroke!
    Haha
    This as useful as the dog poop i stepped in this morning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12