2009 596 livewells?

I have a 2009 596 and have had issues for a few years in regards to the livewells. I eventually just put drain plugs in and said forget it. Install plugs,fill,pull plugs then drain. Well I decided yesterday to tackle the issue. Upon inspection both pumps under the oil/battery tray were trashed. They were popped out of the housing and locked up tight. Im replacing those today and all other pumps are working (bilge and livewell fill). My question is what are those 2 mayfair 750's used for? I have the livewell pumpout system but wonder how the recirc works. I also have toggles for proair but no fuses. Thoughts?? Thnx.

2. Member
    Sounds like the pumps had a little water in them and froze over the winter. Mine did the same thing this year. Mayfair 750's is correct. Cabela's had a good price on them. My pump out is controlled by the spray head inside the livewell. I don't use it very often. you would know if you had pro-air. there are copper coils in the cooler

3. Member
    If you go into the live well and push the valve it will close and not pump the water out of the boat for recirculation. When you are on the water you would want them open to bring fresh water in. There are copper lines around your live well. If you have ice in your live well the water running through the copper lines is cooled off and keeps your live wells cooler. I believe the fuses for the live well toggles are also for the Pro Air System. Someone else can confirm.

4. Banned
    I opened the access door between the livewells about 6"x6" and disconnected the copper line off my system. Never had a problem with fish staying in great shape with just turning on the timer. I didn't want water freezing in the copportunity causing a issue and never used it anyway. Charger livewells keep fish in great shape.

5. Member
    those two pumps are for reciculation there is a white showrhead in the livewell push it in and the water recirculates pull it out and it pumps water out hope this helps