2005 Stratos 285 Pro XL TotalScan Mounting

I currently have a Lowrance HDI skimmer transducer transom mounted on my Stratos. I purchased a totalscan bundle recently and thought I could just swap out with the HDI skimmer to the Totalscan using the same holes and location. Well the totalscan bracket is a bit taller and if your familiar with Stratos they have a lip that sticks out about 4-6 inches above the bottom of the transom. It would be a bit too low seemingly to mount it in the same spot as I have the HDI and there doesn't appear to be quite enough height to get it where it needs to be. I do not have a jack plate either. Any thoughts from other Stratos guys out there on what to do? Thanks for any input!
    Last edited by tim_kovar; 05-07-2018 at 03:31 PM.

put a JP on it, it will be better for mounting the ducer and you will get some performance increase as well.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    Hello all, I just purchased a 1994 285 pro xl and installing a elite ti2 with the totalscan transducer. Any suggestions on the best mounting location? Thanks for any input in advance

Put a JP on it and mount it to that. https://www.transducershieldandsaver.com/
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.