Thread: Eyra front deck

Eyra front deck

I am getting a new Bass Cat Eyra this week...coming out of Nitro Z20. Worried about having a small front deck, used to a big one....anyone have any advise or words of wisdom. I know that it will be faster, but want to make sure it will comfortable.

Thanks

Jay

With the front pedal design you will have plenty of room. You will learn to appreciate that front deck once you pitch trees, skip docks, roll a spinnerbait, and jerkbait fish.

3. Member
    Once you fish out of it a few times it wont seem small.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info....That's what I have heard....Wish I would of switched to Bass Cat earlier...Rick and team at BassCat are great....
    I can't wait to finally own one...I love the personal service they give all of their customers..You don't see much of that anymore....I am in a retail business and they truly wrote the book on how to take car of people.

It will be an adjustment but you will like it. I also came out of a Nitro and you will get a kick out of guys saying they are just as good as BCB just cheaper. There is a difference!

My Nitro liked to be trimmed all the way out for best top end, your Eyra will NOT be that way. It will be a lot less than what you are used to. Enjoy and CONGRATs on th Eyra.
    Last edited by 06 SB; 05-08-2018 at 07:05 AM.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

6. Member
    It’s not a very popular suggestion on this board, but you may consider experimenting with the foot pedal moved to the rear position. That will be harder to get used to than the slightly narrower deck. I left mine in the forward position but coming from a Ranger it took me a good while to get comfortable with it.

7. Member
    Congrats on you new cat. Post pictures after you get it.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

8. Member
    I moved my pedal back and love it.

9. Bobby8
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymyers View Post
    Thanks for the info....That's what I have heard....Wish I would of switched to Bass Cat earlier...Rick and team at BassCat are great....
    I can't wait to finally own one...I love the personal service they give all of their customers..You don't see much of that anymore....I am in a retail business and they truly wrote the book on how to take car of people.
    They are the best.

10. Member
    I thought the same with my Eyra, but I became comfortable real quick!!!

At first the far forward pedal position was a little different, but I got used to that very quickly and liked it up front. I did find if fishing offshore (which I don't do much of) it was a bit scary being that far forward when the boat wakes came by. After two years, when I switched trolling motors, I moved the pedal back......and not sure I like it that far back now hahaha. It is easier in rough/offshore water though, so if you do more of that I'd probably move the pedal back. If you're a bank guy like me, I'd probably leave it forward.

either way, love my Eyra!!!!! And it tracks straight on trolling motor.

11. Member
    I went from wide body Rangers and Phoenix boats and got my 18 Eyra and was worried about lack of room. After being in it a few times I dont worry at all. Has plenty of room and a blast to drive. I kept the pedal all the way up, doesnt bother me at all. The boat is very agile, second time out i took it into trees and it was amazing how easy it was to maneuver through them, especially with the Ultrex. You will love the boat especially coming out of a Nitro
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

12. Member
    Thanks for all the input....Picked up new Cat yesterday and took out for first time today....Front deck was NOT an issue at all....Boat is amazing!!!!!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymyers View Post
    Thanks for all the input....Picked up new Cat yesterday and took out for first time today....Front deck was NOT an issue at all....Boat is amazing!!!!!
    Good deal!! Welcome to the BCB family!! Get some pics of the boat when you get time.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Congrats! Yes pics!

15. Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. Member
    sweet looking cat - congrats!
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com