How is the Bass Mortality at the Elites in Paris??

I hope it is low

Crickets?

3. Member
    Did you see how the winner (Strader) handles his fish?? Watch the vid on Bassmaster.

Those were fish landing penaltys , about 30 minutes worth . A least he didn't filet them .

5. Member
    I saw a guy catch a nice 3 over right off the ramp at Paris from a kayak. I watched him lay the fish on a ruler and pat it down trying to get an exac measurement. Next he dug around and got out his phone to snap a pic laying on the measuring board. After that he held the fish up for a while taking selfies. The last time I looked over there he had the fish over the side of the kayak trying to revive it. Kinda irritating . This was on Sunday morning about 10:30
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    Yep they really respect our resource. Cancelled my Bass subscription 20 yrs ago. Not the kind of carnage I like to support. Why in the he!! Don’t they go to the MLF format. Makes no sense. Watched my 14 yr old grandson Sunday play a 4# smallies belly lift her from the water. He posed for a couple quick pics and said we need to get her back in the water she probably wore out from spawning..Hope that’s the future of bass fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Smallmouthguy View Post
    Yep they really respect our resource. Cancelled my Bass subscription 20 yrs ago. Not the kind of carnage I like to support. Why in the he!! Don’t they go to the MLF format. Makes no sense. Watched my 14 yr old grandson Sunday play a 4# smallies belly lift her from the water. He posed for a couple quick pics and said we need to get her back in the water she probably wore out from spawning..Hope that’s the future of bass fishing.
    Then there would be no weight inn and Dave Mercer would be out of a job and no ggggggggaint bass .

8. Member
    Well , I don't have the facts but I was under the impression the fish suffocate just like we do and 40 seconds out of water is about the max. Watching tourney weighins when there are 100 + anglers gets kinda nauseating watching them all dig around in their bag to wave around a few 19" fish. After a while they all look the same.
    GETFISHED !!!

9. Member
    I can't stomach watching tourney weigh ins. Can't imagine any of the fish have a realistic chance at survival . I know it doesn't provide the carnival like atmosphere of a big tourney weigh in but could get behind a on boat observer weighing a fish and then releasing. Kind of wish they'd just kill and filet them. Probably a better use of a valuable resource.

10. Member
    Shouldn’t we be evolved passed needing that kind testosterone display?

11. Member
    I watch MLF, can't stand mercer, what a putz. Bassmaster talks about all the correct ways to handle bass in the magazine and then the pros do the exact opposite on stage. Appears every fish should have a broken jaw from they way the are handled.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcman View Post
    I watch MLF, can't stand mercer, what a putz. Bassmaster talks about all the correct ways to handle bass in the magazine and then the pros do the exact opposite on stage. Appears every fish should have a broken jaw from they way the are handled.
    +1

13. Member
    +1 for the MLF format I think all tournaments need to be heading in that direction

Of course, they could just take their fish and fillet them.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseebass View Post
    Of course, they could just take their fish and fillet them.
    WE all could.