Thread: 4 Blade SHO

4 Blade SHO

I have a 2016 ranger z519 with 225 SHO running a 24 T2. When I picked up the boat I got it to ~5600 rpm’s and 69.9 GPS. That was empty with a passenger. The boat is now loaded and I’m adding dual powerpoles tomorrow. Some guys on the ranger forums are running a 4 blade and seeing increases in top end on top of the other benefits of a 4 blade which is opposite of what I would expect. Just wondering if anyone on here has a similar boat/motor setup running a 4 blade and what are your numbers.

2. Member
    You’re probably going to need a 4 blade for hole shot after adding the poles. A lot of guys are going to Bravo 1 XS a currently run a 26 Bravo on my 2018 721 Phoenix and like it over the t2 but the Shos like to run shallow I’m at 1 7/8” below pad and have yet to test it. But you do need to get the RPMs up to the 6,000 mark call Rothwell the have a 30 day return if pitch isn’t real right for your set up

3. Member
    Right now the 24t1 is running really good! A 25p Bravo would be the next step in a 4 blade line up. Even then that should turn roughly 6000 rpms and 71-72mph under perfect conditions. Your slip is good with the t1 but your rpms are low, which means a raise in prop to pad is needed. Even with a 25t1, 5800 at 72 would be respectable for your rig.

4. Member
    Put on a 27 bravo pro xs today. Hole shot wasn’t terrible but not what I thought after hearing people rave. Handling and lift were lights out and got it up to 68.1 but still only turned 5700. Two people, dual blades, 50 gallons of fuel, tackle warehouse, full live wells and all 8 vents 50% open. I ran out of time so I lifted the plate 1.25 and plugged the rear vents. will put it back in the water tomorrow and see where I’m at with the changes.

5. Member
    You need to plug those vents. You will get holeshot back.

6. Member
    A 27 bravo should not be turning 100 rpm more than a 24 t-2. A 25 bravo is equivalent to a 24 t-2. Like has been said you have to turn a sho to make power, they're not like newer pro xs's that drop off after 5800. They don't start working till about 5300 and it climbs up till 6k, hits a flat spot after 6k but climbs again up to 6200. Get you a 25 bravo, plug all the holes, get the motor high, and you'll be happy. Also if you keep running that low on rpm with the pedal mashed you're going to make oil.

7. Member
    I was reading a while back on the Ranger forum , that they was running a Fury 4 with good numbers also .

8. Member
    Hole shot was much better with 4 of the plugs vented speed was 69.2-69.7 but still can’t get rpms passed 5700. Trimmed it way up and got it to 70.1 but was walking pretty bad. I have a 25 fury 4 on now to try tomorrow and a 24 fury 4 also to try after. My water pressure is and has always only read 5. Not sure if I have a bad gauge or not but that is a little concerning to me. Prop didn’t blow out so I guess I can go up a little more with the plate.

9. Member
    You can not prop your boat correctly without knowing your water pressure. The sho requires a minimum of 10-12lbs water psi at wide open. you may need to raise your motor to get your rpms up, as the sho like high prop to pad on most boats. you should not raise your motor without knowing if your motor is getting the proper water pressure.

10. Member
    I ordered what I needed to get the water pressure to display on my lowrance so the project will be delayed until it comes in. The 25 fury ran pretty much identical to the bravo with a slightly better holeshot. I’m running the 24 fury tomorrow but leaving the plate alone for now. Anyone know what the plug on the back of the SHO labeled “S” is for? It’s like the one for the water pressure just capped off. Speed would be the obvious answer but...