Still haven't figured out Kissimmee

We fished Kissimmee yesterday on the 5th, didn't do so good. This was only our second time fishing here. We launched from Joe Overstreet ramp. Tried using same baits as we use for the Harris Chain but they didn't seem to work here. What is everybody using here. We only fish this lake about every 3 months.

2. GTB
    My buddy had 27.18 lbs, today there out of the back my boat. Black and blue swim jig with back/blue speed worm trailer !! He won our club tx.

3. Member
    Thanks, we will try next time we go.

Quote Originally Posted by GTB View Post
    My buddy had 27.18 lbs, today there out of the back my boat. Black and blue swim jig with back/blue speed worm trailer !! He won our club tx.

4. Member
    I fished there Friday and was totally shocked in the quality of the water, haven't fished it in a number of years but the water everywhere in the lake looked like Yoo-hoo. The North cove used to be like an aquarium with Hydrilla and Kissimmee grass all over. Now there is no hydrilla and the bottom is nothing but thick muck. The only time I remember it looking that bad is back during the drawdown when they started letting the water back in.

Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post
    I fished there Friday and was totally shocked in the quality of the water, haven't fished it in a number of years but the water everywhere in the lake looked like Yoo-hoo. The North cove used to be like an aquarium with Hydrilla and Kissimmee grass all over. Now there is no hydrilla and the bottom is nothing but thick muck. The only time I remember it looking that bad is back during the drawdown when they started letting the water back in.

you as an thank the spay nazi's
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

6. Member
    How did you do Friday? What were you fishing with?

Quote Originally Posted by rocknemo View Post

7. Member
    The only thing we could catch them on was flipping the Kissimmee grass, had to hit them in the head to get a bite.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    you as an thank the spay nazi's
    Yep spray boats seem to live there